With two days to recharge and refocus after their four losses in two days earlier this week, the Bulldogs will look to redeem themselves in a crucial series in the Ivy League’s North Division race this weekend.

“We still have a chance of placing on top of the standings,” third baseman and pitcher Mariclaire Rebman ’11 said. “This weekend is the most important — we have to win.”

The third-place Elis (16-20, 5-7) will host first-place Dartmouth (18-15, 9-3 Ivy) this weekend for two doubleheaders that begin Saturday. The two teams have not yet met this season, and if the Bulldogs wish to rise in the standings a split may not be enough.

Yale has split its last eight Ivy League games, and, including the series against the Big Green this weekend, have eight more to battle for a chance at the Ivy League title.

Offensively, the Bulldogs have five players hitting over .300. Outfielder Lauren Huddleston ’10 is leading the way with a .382 average and captain Megan Enyeart ’09 is second on the team at .336. Enyeart, the team’s first baseman, leads the squad in RBIs (21) and is tied for the lead in home runs (3) with designated player Katie Edwards ’09.

But that potent offense has been shut down over the team’s four-game losing streak. The Bulldogs have scored just one run in their last 32 innings of play and are now averaging fewer than four runs per contest.

The Big Green will be coming off a 5-3 loss at the hands of UConn (25-12) after taking three of four from Brown (10-18, 4-8) over the weekend. First baseman Alyssa Parker and third baseman Ashley Gleason each lead the team with a .305 batting average. Kat Hicks, Devin Lindsey and Hillary Barker have combined to pitch all 211 innings of play thus far this season.

The first of the four weekend games begins on Saturday at 1 p.m. at DeWitt Field.