Yale College Council treasurer candidate Colin Adamo ’10 has created a video telling Elis to “settle” for his opponent, Adam Thomas ’12.

Ni hao. The Yale Center for British Art hosted a delegation from the People’s Republic of China yesterday, which included State Councillor Madame Liu Yandong, the country’s highest-ranking female official. Before lunch, University President Richard Levin greeted the crowd, “Ni hao,” at which point the translator obliged, “Ni hao.”

An endorsement for Tran. Yesterday, Ward 9 Alderman Roland Lemar endorsed Ward 1 aldermanic candidate Minh Tran ’09. “I really think his role next year would be an incredible opportunity for the board to learn from his experience,” Lemar said.

The Yale Hunger and Homelessness Action Project Fast is today. Bar, the restaurant and bar on Crown Street, is giving 10 percent off with a Yale ID tonight.

YCC loves you, man. YCC is hosting a screening of “I Love You, Man” at the Criterion Cinemas tonight at 9 p.m. The first 150 people to sign up got $3 tickets, which sold out a few hours after the screening was announced Monday.

Tapped for Scroll and Key? No, not really. The Pundits sent a prank e-mail to most of the junior class from the mysterious “Kingsley Trust Association” yesterday soliciting applications to become members of Scroll and Key next year.

The juniors were told to send an e-mail including their gender identity and their three greatest enemies, along with other personal information. Dozens of juniors said they responded to the e-mail. The Pundits also sent an e-mail to representatives of societies saying they would wreak more havoc tonight.

More ’80s wear? After a group of people showed up at Payne Whitney on Tuesday wearing ’80s workout clothing, society taps jogged in place and did calisthenics to “Maniac” in more ’80s workout clothing in the Thain Family Café at about 5:30 p.m. yesterday.

Speaking of taps … it’s tap night!

This day in Yale history

1980 The University Budget Committee told Frank Ryan, the University’s athletics director, to cut $290,000 from the following year’s athletic budget. The reduction meant a cut in varsity sports, Ryan said. Ryan had previously said he would need to eliminate five or six varsity sports with cuts of this size.

Submit tips to Cross Campus

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS