Masked, blindfolded juniors had to tread carefully during senior society pre-tap last night, when the campus was overrun with cloak-bearing society members. One thespian tap stood on the steps of the University Theater loudly asking York Street passersby to aid him in recalling the lines of Juliet’s “Romeo, Romeo” monologue.

Every day is now “Bring Your Glass to Lunch Day” in Jonathan Edwards College, according to an e-mail message from JE Operations Manager Teri Muro. The new holiday comes in response to an “alarming rate” of drinking glass disappearances.

In a disclaimer at the bottom of her e-mail message, Muro added, “none of this warrants cross campus [sic] attention!”

The votes are in, and Blue State Coffee’s customers have chosen the Connecticut Center for a New Economy, the New Haven Arts & Ideas Festival, Elmseed, and the Connecticut Fund for the Environment as the next causes the coffee shop will support. Blue State will donate a total of $4,675.34 to previously selected programs, including Shelter Now and CitySeed.

Students in search of a study break last night needed look no farther than Old Campus, where “Shrek” was screened in the open air. The movie is one of three films being shown on Old Campus to observe National Public Health Week. The zombie flick “28 Days Later” will be shown tonight; food and drinks will be provided.

If zombies and ogres aren’t your thing, gay male erotica will be offered tonight in Silliman College. The screening is part of Pride Month at Yale, presented by the LGBT Student Cooperative.

The Yale Photography Scavenger Hunt kicked off yesterday. Participants are instructed to take photos in 27 different categories during the hunt, which ends Tuesday. Elis still interesting in participating should e-mail Gabor Debreczeni at gabor.debreczeni@yale.edu.

This day in Yale history

1977 President Carter formally announced the nomination of University President Kingman Brewster Jr. ’41, a former News chairman, to serve as ambassador to Great Britain.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS