Briefly: As Hotel Duncan fills with smoke, brief commotion ensues

A broken fuse forced the temporary evacuation of guests staying on the second floor of Hotel Duncan on Chapel Street early Sunday morning. Hotel management alerted the New Haven Fire Department after noticing wisps of smoke billowing down the hallway toward the empty lobby entrance of the hotel. Hotel manager Rich Davies said a 25-man team of firefighters arrived at the scene shortly afterward to investigate the suspected fire, leading to a brief spell of commotion among hotel guests and passersby. The faulty fuse deemed to be the cause of the small fire has now been replaced. No hotel guests were injured in the incident.

Comments