Briefly: Local man arraigned for rape of woman in East Rock Park

Twenty-six-year-old Jose Angel Moreno-Hernandez was arraigned Monday for allegedly raping and beating a woman in East Rock Park early Friday, Hamden Police spokesman Captain Smith said. The woman, 25, works at Temple Grill with Moreno-Hernandez. Police reported that Moreno-Hernandez tried to snap the woman’s neck before raping her and driving off. Moreno-Hernandez, who Smith said might be in the country illegally, was charged with criminal attempt to commit murder, first-degree sexual assault, first-degree kidnapping, first-degree strangulation, second-degree assault and interfering with an emergency call, Smith said.

• Paul Streitz

It's nice that the Yale Daily News got around to writing a story about this. I don't have the print edition, but it seems that the man is here illegally. Somehow the Police can't seem to figure that out and the YDN does not mention the fact. Wonder why?

Perhaps, someone from the Yale Daily News can visit the man in prison and offer to sign him up for a New Haven ID card and extend to illegals (if that is the case) all the benefits of being a resident of New Haven, which now might include free legal council.

CT Citizens and the New Haven Watchdogs warned the mayor and the city that it was inevitable that an illegal alien would murder someone in New Haven. This was roundly denouced by all the progressives in the city as being oh, so xenophobic. So now it has happened.

This event occurred Thursday night, and it is not until this Wednesday that the Yale Daily News writes this brief story (at least in the online version). Hasn't the paper decided what should be the politically correct slant yet?

The Yale Daily News is not news, not the truth, not the reporting of events. It is a political activism that bends the truth to fit its multicultural, Cultural Marxist agenda.

Paul Streitz
    Director
    CT Citizens for Immigration Control

• Hieronymus

In the country illegally, you say!

I am SURE you meant to say "undocumentedly."

• Atty Rose

No, Hieronymous ,
    ILLEGALLY

Don't worry, Paul: Naturalized citizens are still FAR better at killing Americans than the scary, scary brown people.

• Mike M.

This is the same Apathetic attitude the University had with the murdered student Susanne Jovin. Sounds like Yale Law School(and local entrenched nincompoops) would prefer this poor Hamden girl dead

• Fed Up With Criminals

Illegal aliens are criminals and parasites, one and all. Their very presence here and practically everything they do on U. S. soil is illegal. They need to be ferreted out, rounded up like cattle, punished for their numerous crimes, then booted back to whence they snuck in from with such extreme prejudice that they will never, ever think of violating our sovereignty again. Enough is enough.