Despite coming off a disappointing loss to No. 3 Cornell last weekend, the Bulldogs (4-3, 1-1 Ivy) are looking forward to another duel with another Ivy as Yale hosts Princeton on Saturday.

Within the past five years, No. 5 Princeton has defeated Yale in four out of five contests. The last victory for the Bulldogs was in 2005 when Dan Kallaugher ’06 and Seth Goldberg ’05 led the Elis to a 9-8 squeaker over their New Jersey rivals. After a 13-6 victory over Rutgers on Tuesday, Princeton is currently 6-1 on the season and opens Ivy play this weekend.

Head coach Andy Shay said he hopes to break the Tigers’ three-year win streak this weekend.

“Princeton is a number five team in the ranks so far, so the team will have to work hard to take the ball and try to keep them out of transition,” Shay said.

The Bulldogs are coming off a 15-8 loss to No. 3 Cornell last Saturday. Captain and defenseman Matt Aronson ’09 said the team has used the defeat as a jumping off point for further improvement.

“The loss to Cornell was tough,” Aronson said. “In order to get better, we’ve been focusing on fundamentals and the little details in practice. We struggled in the clearing game against Cornell and the defense has been focused on improving for this week.”

Besides Aronson, the Bulldogs’ leading players include Michael Karwoski ’09, who currently has 15 goals, and Kevin Discepolo ’09, who has won 89 of 162 faceoffs and has 46 groundballs.

Aronson said the team’s morale has not been shaken. In fact, the Bulldogs’ loss to Cornell has added to their determination for this weekend’s game.

“The team has been anticipating this game ever since we walked off the field last Saturday,” Aronson said. “We want to get back to playing our brand of lacrosse, and we can’t wait to prove ourselves against one of the best teams in the country, Princeton.”

Play begins at 1 p.m. against Princeton on Saturday at Reese Stadium.