Eager to jump out to an early lead in its conference, the baseball team is looking to start Ivy play this weekend with strong performances against Princeton and Cornell.

The Bulldogs (4-7, 0-0 Ivy) hope to bounce back after a 4-3 loss to UConn (9-10) on Wednesday. The Elis are hoping to capitalize on the Tigers (7-6, 0-0 Ivy), who have also lost their most recent game, and look to carry that momentum into their games against Cornell (2-10, 0-0 Ivy), which is currently on a ten-game losing streak.

The men’s baseball team has been inconsistent on the road while trying to fine-tune their skills and reach their potential. However, they will be playing against a Princeton team that has not had much success on the road either.

The Elis will also be looking to score victories over a Cornell team that has been struggling to find themselves this season. The Big Red have not won a game since their second win of the season Feb. 28.

The key to success for Yale this weekend will be hitting, which has been dominant so far this season. The Bulldogs have scored an average of six and a half runs over their last eleven games and will be looking to reproduce that success at the plate this weekend.

The Elis are also hoping that strong pitching performances from Wednesday’s game against UConn can carry over to the weekend for an effective Ivy League conference opener.

Yale begins its weekend at Princeton in a doubleheader with the first game starting at 12 p.m Saturday. The Bulldogs conclude their road trip at Cornell in another doubleheader the following day.