If you want to see Ben Folds, tune into WYBC. Yale’s radio station, which broadcasts on AM 1340, will give away two sets of tickets today at 9 p.m. and Saturday at noon for Folds’ Saturday concert at the Shubert.

Sorry, hockey fans. The University will not bus students to the men’s hockey team’s NCAA Tournament game on Friday in Bridgeport due to traffic concerns and the cost of subsidizing extra tickets. (The Athletics Department recommends taking the train instead.)

Another Koh heads to the government. President Obama tapped Howard Kyongju Koh ’73 MED ’77 yesterday to serve as assistant secretary for health in the Department of Health and Human Services. Koh is the brother of Yale Law School Dean Harold Hongju Koh, who was nominated Monday as legal adviser to the Department of State.

Happy hour comes to Yale. A small crowd gathered yesterday afternoon around a man lying on the sidewalk next to 202 York St. The man, who was conscious the entire time and was later taken to the hospital, apparently just had too much to drink, police said.

In a University-wide e-mail yesterday, University Information Security Officer H. Morrow Long announced that in an effort to increase campus information security, ITS will automatically prompt everyone over the next six months with a NetID to change their password once per year.

Former Rep. Chris Shays was in attendance last night at a YPU debate featuring Linda Greenhouse LAW ’78, the former Supreme Court reporter for The New York Times.

For Virgos, love is belatedly in the air. The latest edition of the YCC’s biweekly newsletter, The Chaser, came out yesterday. Note to Virgos: “Seems like Cupid hit you a month late! If you’ve met someone new, go for it, who knows what is in store?”

And Geminis, how hungry are you? The Chaser asks our beloved twins: “You have been feeding your intellectual hunger, but what about the others? Use the weekends to get out of your perceived rut.”

“Ping Pong Playa,” directed by Oscar-winning director Jessica Yu ’87, will be screened tonight at 7 p.m. in Silliman as part of the 2009 Asian American Film Festival. The comedy features a Chinese-American teenager suddenly forced to compete for the national ping-pong championship.

This day in Yale history
1926 Legendary Russian pianist Vladimir Horowitz, then 24, gave his first concert at Yale in Sprague Hall. Wanda Horowitz, the pianist’s widow, donated his papers to the Yale University Music Library in 1992.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com