Mixed Company has created a satire of Beyonce’s hit song “Single Ladies.” The spoof, entitled “Single Asians,” features four Asian women, members of the a cappella group, doing Beyonce’s dance and singing about their lives as premed virgins. Instead of a ring, the girls desire brains: “If you like me then you shoulda got an A on it. A-minus ain’t the same as an A, is it?”

The masterminds of GoCrossCampus have developed a new word game, AlphaBlitz. “We hope AlphaBlitz will become the next gaming craze on the Internet. At the very least, it’s a hell of a way to procrastinate,” Matthew Brimer ’09, one of the creators of the game, said.

Wasting no time, New Haven Mayor John DeStefano and East Haven Mayor April Capone Almon met at Tweed Airport yesterday to kick off construction of the airport’s safety improvements. Just last Monday the two mayors announced a memorandum of agreement regarding the project.

An important guest will visit Branford on Thursday, according to an e-mail from the Branford Master Steven Smith. Smith was “unable to relinquish information at the moment” but said the event will require a special sign-up and admission ticket.

Two hundred subsidized tickets for the East Regional of the NCAA Men’s Hockey Tournament are available at the Yale Athletics ticket office for $25, a discount of $50. A free bus will also be provided to Bridgeport, where the Bulldogs will take on Vermont on Friday at 6:30 p.m.

Construction of a crane on the site of the Sterling Power Plant will cause short-term intermittent disruption of traffic flow along College Street between South Frontage Road and Congress Avenue starting tomorrow. The street will be completely shut down for three hours Saturday night.

Still looking for a summer internship? There are still open Bulldogs Across America positions in Louisville, Cleveland, San Francisco, Denver, Minneapolis, Houston, New Orleans, Santa Fe and St. Louis.

If you are more concerned about life after Yale, UCS is kicking off its “Life After Yale: The Series” set of programs tonight. Lindsey Pollak ’96, author of “Getting from College to Career: 90 Things to Do Before You Join the Real World” will speak about the transition from Yale to the workplace.

This day in Yale history

1980 Presidential candidate George H.W. Bush ’48 “came home” to Yale, giving a speech in Battell Chapel the day before the Connecticut presidential primary. Bush attacked then-President Carter as a “weak” president and sharply criticized major Republican opponents in the speech, which drew 1,000 people.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com