Two Elis are better than one, especially when one is former President George W. Bush ’68. Bush will be writing his memoir — regarding 12 tough decisions he has made — with the help of his former speechwriter Chris Michel ’03, a former editor in chief of the News. The memoir is scheduled for publication next year.

Too much information. In a series of e-mails sent to students on March 16, Brown University’s Office of Financial Aid accidentally released the names of 1,773 students seeking financial aid. What went wrong? The e-mails were sent via carbon copy instead of blind carbon copy.

Spring intramural sports begin this week, marking the debut of a new sport: kickball. While Timothy Dwight leads the pack with 851.5 points, could this new sport be the deciding factor for trailing Silliman and Jonathan Edwards?

The Duke’s Men came in first place in the New England Semifinal round of the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella. The group will compete in the finals at Lincoln Center, in New York City, on April 18.

Former Yale Law School Dean Guido Calabresi ’53 LAW ’58 announced on March 12 that he will take senior status as a judge, effectively retiring. His departure opens a spot on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.

For the second time in less than a month, The New York Times printed a gushing review of an art exhibition at the Yale University Art Gallery on March 18, this time praising the “beautiful and memorable” Japanese tea service exhibit.

A man of mystery? Actor Paul Giamatti ’89, a Piersonite, would neither confirm or deny that he was in Skull and Bones while at Yale, according to a March 15 interview with the Hartford Courant.

CBS’s “Survivor” apparently still exists, and a Yale alum, Stephen Fishbach ’01, is a participant. In hopes of becoming the next Yul Kwon LAW ’00, who won the 13th season of the reality show, Fishbach has made it through five episodes without getting voted off so far.

Unperturbed about calories, patrons at fast food restaurants and coffee shops rarely read available nutrition information, a study from the Yale School of Public Health found. Only six out of 4,311 patrons observed in the study consulted available nutritional posters, pamphlets and computer terminals.

This day in Yale history

1915 Massachusetts congressman A. P. Gardner spoke at a mass meeting in Woolsey Hall, arguing for an expanded Army and Navy in anticipation of war.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com