Silliman students infiltrated the Timothy Dwight courtyard last night aiming to start a snowball fight, only to find that the TD students wouldn’t come out to play. When attempts to draw the TD students out of their fortress failed, the Sillimanders took benches and picnic tables and barricaded TD’s Town Hall. Attempts to contact Silliman students for comments were met with a barrage of snowballs.

The Silliman siege was cut short when four police cars arrived at the scene. When officers entered the courtyard, the Silliman crew immediately removed the barricade and evacuated the premises.

There is still hope for Hermione fanatics and Yale bachelors: Emma Watson could be a Bulldog in the fall. Watson broke news of her Yale acceptance to friends yesterday on her Twitter blog, writing excitedly, “I got into Yale!” Despite earlier reports, Watson apparently has not settled on Cambridge.

A Timothy Dwight sophomore was the victim of an attempted mugging — and a punch in the face — around 5:30 p.m. yesterday when a pack of teenagers tried to steal his iPod as he walked back from Shaw’s. As of press time, Chief Perrotti had not sent out a campuswide e-mail reporting the incident.

Campus panlists buzzed yesterday after news broke that gender-neutral housing had been stalled. “One has to wonder which big donor is keeping this from becoming a reality,” wrote one junior, “and how said donor doesn’t know about Sex Week, the Drag Ball, and that this is the Gay Ivy.”

They can debate post-conflict power-sharing, but they can’t open a door. Students in David Simon’s “Post-Conflict Politics” lecture reported that they were trapped inside the classroom for 10 minutes yesterday after the door mysteriously became stuck during class.

John Negroponte ’60, the first national intelligence director, visited and dined with the Grand Strategy seminar for the first time yesterday, telling stories of his daily — and dialectic — 8 a.m. briefings George W. Bush ’68 and arguing that in America, there is only one grand strategist at any given time: the president.

Not even a blizzard could stop “Drawing Architecture” students from sitting around Branford College yesterday at dawn and dusk to paint Harkness Tower for a class assignment.

This day in Yale history

2003 After more than a year of unsuccessful contract negotiations over salaries, pensions and recognition, GESO and Locals 34 and 35 began an extended strike featuring national union leaders, picket lines and rallies.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com