This article has been corrected. You may view this article’s correction here.

Kelly Clarkson caused the downfall of a Feb Club party at 113 Howe St. on Friday night. As party attendees rocked out to “Since U Been Gone,” the ceiling on the floor below them caved in. The house was evacuated, and attendees milled outside as they pondered how to salvage their night.

A JE student reported being stung in her mouth by a green beetle crawling in her spinach at dinner Saturday evening. The student said the Jonathan Edwards dining hall manager is looking into the incident, a rarity, though she insisted it would not change her love for JE’s dining hall.

Oh wait, we’re already here. An article in The New York Times’ Sunday Travel section suggests a trip to Yale as an affordable weekend getaway. The writer recommends staying at the Study at Yale and visiting the University’s art galleries and libraries.

For the Guild of Carillonneurs’ “Newbie Concert” on Sunday evening, Harkness Tower’s newest denizens performed from 5 to 6 p.m. At 5:45 about a dozen students were still huddled together listening in the Branford courtyard, braving the cold with boxed Dunkin’ Donuts drinks.

Poet Allen Grossman has been named the 2009 winner of Yale University’s Bollingen Prize in American Poetry, awarded biennially by the Yale University Library. Past winners include Wallace Stevens, W.H. Auden, e.e. cummings and Adrienne Rich.

Singer-songwriter Rufus Wainwright will perform at Yale in April for Yale’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Cooperative’s Pride Month and Yale GALA’s (Yale’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Alumni Network) 25th anniversary celebration and reunion. Tickets are $25 for students and go on sale today at www.yalegalatix.com.

Yale researchers have discovered a link between Alzheimer’s disease and a protein that can sometimes cause mad cow disease. In an article published Feb. 26 in the journal Nature, the Yale team reports that normally benign prion proteins can become entangled with certain peptides that interfere with learning and memory.

Anticipating up to 11 inches of snowfall overnight, New Haven imposed an on-street parking ban from 7 p.m. yesterday to 6 a.m. this morning.

This day in Yale history

1967 Citing “last-minute circumstances,” the Prom Committee announced that the Contours — of “Do You Love Me” fame — would no longer perform at the Prom the next night. Still slated for the night’s lineup were Martha and the Vandellas, known for their hits “(Love Is Like a) Heat Wave” and “Dancing in the Streets.”

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com