The U.S. News and World Report blog “The Paper Trail,” which hosts the Best Alternative Media Outlet contest, has accused the Timothy Dwight Blog of voter fraud. Blogger Alison Go points out that the TD blog has approximately 5,000 votes, roughly the population of the entire Yale undergraduate community. She writes, “I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALL UP TO.”

Timothy Dwight Blog manager Max Uhlenhuth ’10 responded to Go’s allegations in a comment on The Paper Trail’s Web site. Uhlenhuth points out that the Timothy Dwight Blog’s success is due to a “massive campaign to win.” “Our number of votes is reflective of the amount of effort we’ve put into publicizing our blog,” he wrote.

The entry to Branford College’s Linonia Court was closed off last night after a sinkhole developed beneath the stone tiles leading up to the gate. The area has been fenced off with caution tape until security can “repair the damage and assess the safety of the walkway,” Master Steven Smith informed Branfordians.

Harvard doesn’t bleed, at least not enough to defeat Yale in the 5th Annual Yale-Harvard Blood Drive competition. The American Red Cross at Yale announced last night that Yale beat Harvard 301-198. “They realllllllyyyyy got their butts kicked,” the e-mail said.

“Important Things with Demetri Martin,” featuring Demetri Martin ’95 of Calhoun College, premieres on Comedy Central tomorrow. Martin was voted one of the 25 Funniest People in America by Entertainment Weekly after he dropped out of NYU Law School to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.

The Whiffenpoofs, who used to sing their harmonies at Mory’s Temple Bar on Mondays, may have had found a new home, at least for the moment: They sang and ate at The Study hotel last night.

Kevin Harbaugh LAW ’08, who taught the college seminar “American Concept of Citizenship” this fall, published an op-ed in The New York Times on Sunday advocating the return of ROTC to college campuses. “My students were desperate to serve their country in some way,” Harbaugh wrote. “We owe it to them to offer the armed forces as a realistic option.”

The Leitner Family Observatory is open for an array of weekly Tuesday night events. Tonight will feature a planetarium show at 6 p.m. and a public viewing at 7 p.m., assuming skies are clear.

This day in Yale history
1969 Fifteen inches of snow more or less shut down Yale. The University claimed to be open for business, but many professors didn’t show up for classes, and 34 out of the 40 employees needed to run Commons didn’t make it.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com