News’ View: A new Game we don’t want to miss

Elis who don’t follow sports might not be aware, but something exciting is happening on Science Hill this winter — and it has nothing to do with science.

As of this week, the Yale men’s hockey team, ranked 14th in the country, now holds sole possession of first place in the ECAC, which the team has not won since most of us were in elementary school.

As anyone who saw Eli victories over Princeton, Quinnipiac, Harvard and Dartmouth the past two weekends can attest, the atmosphere at Ingalls Rink has been unlike anything we have seen at Yale sporting events in years, The Game included.

Next weekend, the team heads on the road to face two opponents with losing records in the ECAC. But the weekend after, on Feb. 20 and 21, the Bulldogs head to Quinnipiac and Princeton for two critical road matchups. We hope the University will provide bus transportation so that students can attend both games.

Among the Yale College Council, the Yale College Dean’s Office, the Athletics Department and the President’s Office, we hope someone will step up and make this happen so that we can cheer the Elis to a championship.

• Michael of New Haven

Quinnipiac is going to take revenge against the Bulldogs on February 20 for their 3-1 loss back in January. QU currently leads the all time series 5-2. The TD Banknorth Sports Center is going to be rockin!