Bingham Hall’s latest attraction is free laundry. A sign in the laundry room signed “Mac Gray” (the company that runs Yale’s laundry service) says, “All Machines Are Running Free you must ADD your soap.” No word on how long this glitch will continue — get it while the water’s hot.

Sillimanders caused wanton destruction this weekend, according to an e-mail from Master Judith Krauss. In one of the five incidents, a hole, likely from a cigarette, “was burned in the arm of one of the sofas in the Library.” Krauss went on to state her worry about “the erosion of Silliman community values.”

Protesters on York Street yesterday afternoon handed out flyers and informed passersby about alleged Israeli human-rights violations of Palestinians. The flyer urges boycotts of Israeli goods and tells the story of a doctor from Gaza whose daughters were killed after he gave public interviews about the conflict in Gaza.

The Whiffenpoofs’ Centennial Concert will take place this Saturday at 8 p.m. in Woolsey Hall. Says Barry McMurtrey ’88, a member of the concert’s steering committee: “We’d like this concert to be … perhaps as exciting a moment as The Game.”

Other than the 100-year-old singing group, the concert will feature comedians John Hodgman ’94, of “The Daily Show” and Apple commercials (he plays the PC), and Jonathan Coulton ’94. McMurtrey hopes they are “at least as good as some of the truly lame Fall Shows of recent memory.”

Claire’s Corner Copia sustained a break-in over the weekend. A Claire’s employee arrived at the restaurant at 6:30 a.m. Sunday to discover that thieves had forcibly entered the building and stolen money from the cash boxes, according to the New Haven Independent. The restaurant is already back to business.

The Yale Debate Team continued its winning streak at the North American Debating Championship held at Amherst College this weekend. Yale speakers took home the top prize for the third time in the past four years.

Also at the top of their game, the Yale Mock Trial team won the Columbia University Big Apple Invitational Tournament this weekend with an undefeated 8-0 record.

This day in Yale history

1957 Four freshmen were expelled for purchasing goods from the Yale Co-op and Cutler’s using false accounts and another student’s lost Co-op card. The freshmen also created 10 credit accounts at Cutler’s under false names, buying $450 in records. The students were sentenced to be dismissed after they had paid restitution and completed their exams.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com