After two tough losses to Colgate and Cornell last weekend, the women’s hockey team is looking to bounce back over break in games against Boston University (8-2-3). The Elis then head to Storrs, Conn., for the Nutmeg Classic Tournament, where they will take on Quinnipiac (2-11-1, 1-2-1) and either UConn (6-5-2) or Wayne State (8-2-1).

On Tuesday, the Elis will host BU in Ingalls Rink. The Bulldogs will look to climb to .500 at home with a win over the Terriers. Yale will be lead by forwards Crysti Howser ’09 and Bray Ketchum ’11. Howser leads the team with 11 points, while Ketchum has posted 10 points. Howser is currently tied for third in the ECAC in goals, tallying six so far this season.

But the Elis will not find easy competition against BU. The Terriers are off to a strong start for the season, boasting an 8-2-3 record. BU has been especially strong against ranked opponents, going 2-1-1 against the nation’s best teams.

After their home stand against BU, the Elis will travel to Storrs for the tournament at UConn. The Bulldogs will face Quinnipiac on Friday night, and depending on the result, they will face either UConn or Wayne State on Saturday.

In their last meeting against Quinnipiac on Feb. 9, the Bulldogs tied the Bobcats. Earlier that season, the Elis defeated the Bobcats 5-2 at Quinnipiac.

The Bulldogs met the Huskies once last year in the Nutmeg Classic. In that meeting, the Elis fell 3-2.

The Elis open their three game series at 7 p.m. Tuesday.