Yet again, gold proved elusive this weekend as Yale sailors dispersed across New England in a series of regattas.

Jane Macky ’09 placed an impressive third in the Inter-Collegiate Sailing Association (ICSA) Women’s Singlehanded National Championship held at Cornell. In the ICSA Singlehanded National Championships also held in Ithaca, N.Y., captain Thomas Barrows ’10 placed fifth.

In addition, the team sent racers to the Hoyt Trophy at Brown and the Oberg Trophy at MIT, where sailors placed 10th and eighth, respectively

Macky, a 2008 All-American women’s skipper, sailed a Laser Radial to a third place finish with 103 points over the 18 races sailed. Boston College’s Annie Haeger accumulated 45 points for a first place finish, and Krysta Rohde of Coast Guard came in second. Rohde, who edged Macky for the first-place finish last year, was defending her title from 2007.

Macky, who was in second place until the last race of the regatta, placed first in six of the races. She was a top-five finisher 11 times during the weekend.

Barrows faced tough competition over the course of the weekend, including one of his high school teammates from the Virgin Islands. Barrows placed in the top five boats in seven of his 18 races, and won two of them.

At the Hoyt Trophy, the team raced in 420s against 14 of the top 20 teams in the nation. The Bulldogs managed to top last year’s 11th place finish by earning 10th place this season.

Over the two days of the regatta, the team struggled first with overpowering winds and then with light breezes — both of which made sailing difficult.

“It was pretty windy in the morning, but it was manageable,” Michael Hession ’10 said. “Then it got a little too extreme, but it wasn’t super-shifty. You just had to grind through it.”

In the A division, Hession, Joseph Morris ’12, John Vrolyk ’10 and Grace Becton ’09 sailed to a fourth-place finish. In the 11 races of the regatta, the team garnered 76 points with five top-five finishes and two second-place finishes.

In the B division, Hession, Cameron Cullman ’12 and Adriane Levin ’09 scored 125 points for a 14th place finish.

Morris said that he was very pleased with both the team’s and his own performance, especially considering the tough upper-level competition.

“Fourth [place] was unbelievable,” Morris said. “It is not often that as a freshman I get the chance to sail in such a high-level regatta.”

At the Oberg Trophy hosted on the Charles River, the Elis competed in FJs and Techs to an eighth-place overall finish.

In the A division, Caleb Dorfman ’09 and Alexa Chu ’11 raced to a fourth place finish with 115 points. Eight times in their 17 races, the duo placed in the top five competitors. They won two of their races and placed third in four heats.

Rob Struckett ’12 and Margot Benedict ’12 amassed 170 points for a 12th place finish in the B division.

Genoa Warner ’12 and Ana Pedrajo ’12 placed in the top five boats six times on their way to a seventh place finish with 133 points.

“We struggled a little bit on Saturday, and pulled it together on Sunday,” Struckett said. “[The wind] was very variable — it ranged from absolutely none to overpowering.”

Next week, the Bulldogs sail for the Schell Trophy — the fall New England Championship hosted by MIT — and for the Nickerson Trophy at the Freshmen New England Championships hosted in Enfield, N.H.