It’s time to click those ruby slippers and go home.

After a tough three-week stretch away from Reese Stadium, Yale (7-5-1, 2-2 Ivy) will finally return home on Oct. 25 in an Ivy League battle against Penn (8-4-2, 2-1-1). In the middle of a slate of Parents’ Weekend athletic events, the Bulldogs will have a lot of excitement and energy for the defending Ivy League Champion Quakers.

Adding more fuel to the battle is the fact that the Elis are currently only one point behind Penn. When a win is worth three points and a loss none, this weekend could be a huge chance for Yale to move up in the Ivy standings.

After playing what head coach Rudy Meredith called a complete game last week against Cornell (1-9-1, 0-4), resulting in a 3-1 win, the Bulldogs seem to have finally found their offensive groove. Captain Emma Whitfield ’09 and rookie Miyuki Hino ’12 were named to the Ivy League Honor Roll this week, joining a maturing offense that will look to continue Yale’s streak of 13 wins in its last 15 games at home. Driving the offense forward is Becky Brown ’11, who, with 10 assists on the season, only needs one more to tie Blanca Fromm’s ’98 record of 11 in 1997.

However, the Quakers are not without their own offensive firepower. Sarah Friedman is currently leading the Ivy League in assists with 14 while Kristin Kaiser and Natalie Capuano share the team lead in goals with five apiece. That high-powered offense has outscored opponents by a tally of 32-15 this season and will look to do the same against the Bulldogs.

A loss this weekend will essentially destroy any chance for the Elis to capture the Ivy title, while a win will keep them in the hunt. They need help from Harvard, who will have to triumph over undefeated Princeton in order for Yale to continue its pursuit of the title. A key weekend of Ivy League play will kick off at Reese Stadium at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.