For the first time this season, the Yale field hockey team has a two game winning streak.

The Bulldogs (4-8, 1-3 Ivy) left New Hampshire on Saturday having managed to beat Dartmouth (3-9, 2-2 Ivy), 3-2, in overtime. They continued on to dominate Hofstra (7-7) on Sunday, winning 4-1.

“We played so well,” goalie Charlotte Goins ’10 said. “We carried over what we learned in practice and converted it to wins.”

Just ten minutes into Saturday’s game, forward Mia Rosati ’12 broke away from a crowd of players to score her first career goal against Dartmouth. The Big Green evened the score at the beginning of the second half.Forward Dinah Landshut ’12 responded with a goal off of a penalty corner, but Dartmouth scored once again just 84 seconds later.

Going into overtime, Rosati assisted on forward Ashley McCauley’s ’10 shot four minutes in, ending the game in Yale’s favor, 3-2.

This is the Bulldogs’ third straight victory against the Big Green, dating back to 2006, and their first Ivy League win of the season.

“We really made a statement against Dartmouth,” backfield Marissa Waldemore ’11 said.

Yale head coach Pam Stuper said she was happy that the Bulldogs took the lead at the beginning of Saturday’s game and didn’t let it go, never falling behind Dartmouth. They finished the game with an edge in both shots, 20-10, and penalty corners, 11-4.

Though Stuper said she was worried that her team might relax too much after their first Ivy victory, jeopardizing Sunday’s game against Hofstra, the results showed a different story.

“We turned the page and got another win,” Stuper said.

Though Hofstra recorded the first goal, Waldemare evened the score for Yale 20 minutes into the game. McCauley scored two more times in the second half to raise the Bulldogs out of the Pride’s reach. Katie Cantore ’10 made Yale’s fourth goal, which helped to end the game with a decisive Bulldog victory.

This weekend was an important step for the Elis, whose tough schedule early on in the season made it hard for them to win. Looking ahead, the team is confident about their last five games.

“I think we have a chance to win the rest of the games,” Waldemore said.

This week was also significant for various individual players on the team. Goalie Katie Bolling ‘11, who spent the entirety of last season on the bench, was named the Ivy League Player of the Week. Bolling has played in all 70 minutes of the past five games, a change from the norm, since Goins played in every match last year.

Goins, who has not played in five games, guarded the goal during the second half on Sunday.

“The beauty of it is that [the two goalies] support each other,” Stuper said.

She said she hopes to use the two keepers’ different playing styles to Yale’s advantage throughout the rest of the season.

“There’s not an opponent that we can’t beat,” Stuper said.