Around New Haven | YNNH fined $8,000 by state

Connecticut is charging Yale-New Haven Hospital $8,000, the New Haven Register reported. The infractions against nurses — discovered during visits from the state’s Department of Public Health from August 2007 to March 2008 — include ignoring bed sores, failing to complete records, incorrectly administering medicine and holding a patient against her will. But Senior Vice President of Public Affairs Vin Petrini told the register that the hospital will improve after the state’s comments. “We welcome the state’s input as another opportunity to improve. We take it seriously,” he said.

• What

"…ignoring bed sores, failing to complete records, incorrectly administering medicine and holding a patient against her will" and they were only fined $8,000?!

• Joey H.

well… The first offence is usually treated in this fashion,i mean lots of people receive a break in the courtroom the first time around. - i just the other day failed to come to a Full stop at a stop sign,a cop was parked right there and gave me a nasty stare but thank God no ticket.
    The Hospital has to realize that there are actually Attorneys pushing this behaviour,especially in billing/collections ,they have to know exactly who these people are and if they are connected to these scavenger/sharks who somehow passed a bar exam.
    for the most part my visits to Y.N.H.H are great -the less i see of any Hospital the better though