Heard, not seen. Jonathan Edwards College Master Gary Haller announced to his college Monday that while no Elis will sit on the Yale College Dean Search Committee, undergraduates can still submit nominations for the post. “We do want student input,” he wrote. E-mail Gary.Haller@yale.edu.

The Large Hadron Collider, a particle accelerator at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland, will be activated for the first time tomorrow. Yale physics professors Keith Baker and Paul Tipton will conduct experiments on dark matter with the $9 billion collider — if, that is, the world does not end first as German chemistry professor Otto Rössler predicts it will when the collider is activated.

Time is also running out for Yalies to toss their hats into the ring for YCC, YSAC and FCC seats for 2008-’09. Prospective Yale politicos can log on to YaleStation by 9 p.m. to fill out candidacy statements.

Sexual satisfication may be “less about biology and more about psychology,” according to a new study from researchers at Yale and the University of Southern California involving cervical cancer survivors. Testosterone, it turns out, may not be as important as once thought. Maybe it really is all about love.

Game on! Intramural sports events kicked off their first games yesterday. The Borsodi Invitational, a golf tournament for all 12 colleges, begins today with a tee time at 4 p.m. Reigning champion Silliman College is jockeying for its fourth Tyng Cup in a row.

Lethargic after lunchtime? Yale’s network experienced “intermittent network issues” — a euphemism for slow internet connections — early yesterday afternoon. The problem was resolved by 2:30 p.m.

Order in the court! Connecticut’s highest court will hear arguments in one criminal and one civil case in the Law School’s auditorium Friday.

Historian Thurston Clarke ‘68 vowed never to write another book on the Kennedys, but when he came across an RFK speech delivered after Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination, he was inspired. “You read something that grips you and you say, ‘I’ve got to do this,’” he told a gathering of students at a Branford College Master’s Tea yesterday. See page 9.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1955 For $3 million, Yale bought three New Haven schools occupying the land that would eventually house Morse and Ezra Stiles Colleges, as well as Swing Space. At the time, only one additional college was intended to fill the space.

Contribute tips and ideas to Cross Campus.

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com