Kingston, Roots, Jimmy Eat World to co-headline Spring Fling

Yale College Council and Yale Student Activities Committee officials announced Wednesday that three artists — Sean Kingston, The Roots and Jimmy Eat World — will “co-headline” this year’s Spring Fling, set for April 29.

“I think students will be pleased with the lineup this year,” YSAC Chairman Thomas Hsieh ’08 said. “We went in thinking we could get a much more diverse lineup. This is an actual show where you can enjoy each and every performance.”

After searching for a 'diverse' lineup for this year's Spring Fling, the Yale College Council and the Yale Student Activities Committee announced  Wednesday that Sean Kingston, The Roots and Jimmy Eat World will be performing at the campuswide Old Campus bash, set for April 29.
After searching for a 'diverse' lineup for this year's Spring Fling, the Yale College Council and the Yale Student Activities Committee announced Wednesday that Sean Kingston, The Roots and Jimmy Eat World will be performing at the campuswide Old Campus bash, set for April 29.

Hsieh is a former production & design editor for the News.

Caribbean hip-hop artist Kingston will kick off the concert at 4:30 p.m., followed by alternative hip-hop/jam band The Roots at 5:35 and alternative rockers Jimmy Eat World at 7:05. Kingston will play 45 minutes, The Roots 75 and Jimmy Eat World 70.

The announcement ended a buzzing around campus about who would play the event, but it came as little surprise to many Elis — by the time students returned from spring break, rumors circulating in dining halls and library carrels had successfully identified all three artists as possible, even likely, performers.

As embarrassing as it is that the YDN didn't break this story months ago, it's downright incomprehensible given that a former board member was running the damn show.

This sounds like a good variety, and it looks like they bands will each play a decent amount of time. Should be a good show.

• Unknown

man i feel bad for the roots…..