White Europeans: An endangered species?

Europe is a dying continent. I say this not as a criticism, but rather as a statement of fact. In Europe, an acute failure to produce the next generation has created a looming demographic crisis.

According to research by both the CIA and the U.N., every single member of the European Union has a birthrate significantly below the replacement rate of 2.1 births per woman. In the CIA World Factbook, Germany had a birthrate of 1.36 children per woman in 2007, and Spain and Italy had birthrates of 1.29. At such low levels of fertility, within 100 years, those three nations would have populations 80 percent lower than they are today. And Germany, Italy and Spain are far from alone: Every single industrialized country in Europe has a birthrate below 1.9 children per woman. The average birthrate of the European Union as a whole is approximately 1.5 children per woman — and that number is artificially inflated by the presence of millions of highly fertile non-European immigrants in the major urban centers of Europe.

Even if one ignores the statistical noise presented by the inclusion of millions of outliers, Europe faces a serious problem. Without a major shift in the current fertility trends, industrialized Europe will see its native population decline by about three-fourths over the 21st century. No civilization has ever recovered from such a population decline, and never before has such a decline been entirely voluntary.

Europeans are not becoming less fertile as a consequence of war, or famine, or disease, but rather as a consequence of their Western, consumerist lifestyles. Some, such as social critic Mark Steyn, have suggested that European civilization is in the middle of committing voluntary demographic suicide, and it’s not hard to see why: A civilization that is producing a tiny succeeding generation and shows no signs of attempting to remedy the problem is violating fundamental Darwinist principles of gene propagation.

There is, of course, a counterargument: Europe’s population has not been declining. In fact, most European nations have shown modest population growth thanks to a huge influx of immigrants from developing nations. Some economists have argued that because the infertility of Europeans is balanced by the high fertility of its immigrants, there will be no noticeable effects from the failure of Caucasians in Europe to produce offspring. If the population as a whole remains stable, the argument goes, economic growth will not be affected, and the European quality of life will likely remain constant. Europe could thus theoretically solve its demographic woes by promoting immigration.

Unfortunately, there are some major holes in that argument. Labor capital is not stable: Native Europeans tend to be highly educated and possess a varied skill set due to Europe’s laudable educational system, while the immigrant populations replacing the native populations are by and large less well educated. Crime levels are also not holding constant, and in Europe there has been an anti-immigrant backlash resulting from the widespread perception that immigrants are responsible for the increase in crime. There is also an 800-pound gorilla in the room: Given present trends, within about a century, Europe will cease to be a white, Christian continent.

No one wants to talk about racial or religious issues, but it merits consideration that the vast majority of immigrants to the European Union are Muslims from North Africa, the Middle East and Turkey. By the year 2150, barring a major shift in either native European fertility rates or immigrant nationality, Europe will be a largely Muslim continent with whites and Christians as minorities composing less than 20 percent of the population. Much of Europe has come to terms with that possibility, but a significant portion of the population is uncomfortable about the prospect of a change in Europe’s continental character, warranting wider spread support for xenophobic political parties across the continent.

Europe is divided as to what to do. While the common plans seems to be to encourage immigration and simply ignore the long run, some nations, especially those without enough immigrants to compensate for the declining fertility of natives, like Russia, have started offering cash incentives to women to have more children. These plans have met with very limited success in societies where raising a child costs a small fortune.

An increasing number of Europeans, however, are demanding change, and are willing to accept a declining population and the consequent economic effects in order to preserve what they see as their heritage. In Amsterdam, women have written editorials decrying the pressure native European women have felt from immigrant communities to cover themselves in public. In France, an extremist xenophobic political party came in second place in the 2002 presidential elections as a result of rising fear about the future of France.

Throughout Europe, proposals to limit immigration from the developing world to highly skilled foreigners have been floated in debate. It seems that Europe has decided that it wants to do something about this perceived problem, but is unwilling to do the one thing that would resolve the long-term demographic situation in a manner that would benefit both native Europeans and immigrants: reproduce.

Trevor Wagener is a freshman in Pierson College.

Last I checked White Europeans and non-White immigrants were the same species. I won't bother addressing the poor taste of YDN's headlines and move on to some thoughts on this very well-written and well-reasoned article. It misses a few points on the social realities of Europe that may shed some light on the landscape of this issue. Here is what I feel is Europe should consider:

Firstly, inter-European and international immigration of the poor and uneducated Whites, a process that has occurred since the post-war era, has not led to the kinds of fears engendered in the current climate. Europe will have to get used to the idea that the next generations of French, English, and Spanish citizens will be a shade darker than those that preceded them. The trick is making sure that access and opportunity allows those citizens to live, work, and stand by their countrymen and women of any pigmentation. Second and third generation immigrants are being denied citizenship, access to jobs, and are ghettoized into isolated housing projects in Madrid, Paris, and Berlin. Unless Europe wants a crippled future majority, they need to stop impeding their current minorities. Up until it started denying citizenship to all those born on its soil and denying resident visas to parents of citizens, rapidly growing Ireland was a model of inter-ethnic cooperation, opportunity, and cooperation. Fear of the changing face of the nation has instituted a policy that was not required by the social realities of Ireland, and which may prove to be disastrous as children grow up without fathers or mothers as second-class non-citizens.

Having more White children will not address these problems, it only maintains these problems in marginal minorities instead of the majority. It's not an easy process, nor is it an overnight process, and it will require meeting in the middle. Immigrants will have to adjust to European ways of life (which second- and third-generation citizens have proven their desire for on the whole), and it will also require Europeans to adjust their vision of how a European citizen looks and prays (which a small but vocal minority is pushing against).

Europeans should get rid of abortion and contraceptives… That's probably why the population's declining…

• Camille

For the first couple paragraphs, I seriously thought this was satire, about the pitfalls of white supremacist patriarchy. At the end, I expected some Swift-like twist to prove something reasonable, like that politicians should keep their hands off the reproductive rights of immigrant women of color, or that xenophobia comes from irrationally racist fears. Instead..more white supremacist patriarchy.

White Europeans are being outnumbered in their "own" countries? Boo hoo. What do they have to say about Europe's centuries-long colonialism?

• Camille

• JS

European culture as we know it is gradually (huge emphasis on the *gradually* - there's still hundreds of millions of white Europeans). It's happening because they have other priorities than baby-making (i.e. they want to advance their careers and don't earn enough money to pay someone else to look after their baby). As such, the culture is being diluted by an increasing number of immigrants. I say 'diluted' in a totally neutral way - I personally have nothing against immigrants whatsoever and love many of the diverse things they've brought to European cities. That said, should Europe be concerned that it is (this is a bit of an exaggeration) becoming a colony of the Middle East? I would say, only so much as in it would be sad to see European culture disappear. Not that European culture is better than any others, but it is nice and would be missed if it were gone. The one area I would place a value judgement here is in cultural norms: perhaps Europeans should be really concerned because their social-liberal-tolerant-democratic social norms are very different from many of those immigrants coming, i.e. the Turkish plumbers in Germany who will not provide service to a single mother (because there's no male head of the household) or the Turkish families in Berlin that murdered their own daughters for adopting German social traits and hanging out with German friends. It's an issue and it can't be resolved by pure tolerance.

• JS

Well, considering the high rates of unemployment in proportion to low salaries, it's no wonder that women are delaying having children… Better pay for women and incentives will help women be more willing to have larger families!

Europe also has very high abortion rates, perhaps if they were restricted, the population would increase. The USA has fewer abortions and higher pay, hence the population's stable.

• Jim

Given Europe's long history of xenophobia it is only a matter of time before anti-Islamic and anti-immigrant sediment engulf European politics. There is no why the people of Europe are going to sit back and turn their continent over to Islam, particularly when the white women of Europe learn of the wonders of sharia religious law.

• Jim

• @#5

women actually have fewer children when their pay goes up

• @#5

• Concerned

I will stand up and say what is hinted at:

It is a very bad thing that more Muslims are pouring into Europe.

It is a very bad thing that Turkey is creeping towards the EU.

It is a very bad thing that Christendom is declining or dead in many places in Europe.

Poland- keep fighting the good fight, maybe Italy, Ireland, England, Germany and France will get out of the fetal position, and stand up for their heritage and culture.

• Concerned

• @Camille

I would colonize your country again in a heart-beat whatever it is your claiming you are from.

• @Camille

• anon

I agree with 10.36pm.

I'll be gentle with you Wagener because you're only a freshman (and you're in Pierson too! jk): and thus probably won't yet have had time to read *all* of the work of the scholars around you. Howz about checking out American Studies professor Matt Frye Jacobson's Whiteness of a different color (HUP,1998). It might help you think this out some more.

Also: shame on you YDN editor for that headline: what do you think it does when you insert "species" alongside White European?

• anon

I agree with 10.36pm.

Mr. Wagener does make the valid point that Europeans must address the fact that their demographics are changing. However, the true problem is not the one that he addresses.

The United States can serve as an example of how to integrate immigrants, just as France can serve as an example of how not to. As far back as the 1700s, "real" Americans (who had immigrated to the U.S. a few generations prior) decried the German immigrants who were going to overrun the country, not speak English, and turn Pennsylvania into New Germany. But because they could learn English, easily gain jobs, and were treated equally, assimilation was possible, and it benefited both the immigrants and their new home country. Similar things can be said about the Spanish/English/Chinese/Japanese/Jewish/Middle Eastern/Hispanic etc. immigrants that later arrived and continue to arrive.

I don't want to take the "just be amazing like the U.S." thread too far, because that is not what I'm advocating. Rather, Europe needs to get over the fact that it can no longer be a 90% white continent. In France, French citizens live in starkly lower conditions than the average French simply because they are descended from African immigrants. If the French government would realize that these citizens are as French and European as others, and just want to live a European life, the “problem” of non-white Europeans would lessen significantly.

In short, Europe must realize that its heritage and its racial makeup cannot be joined forever. The underlying premise of the article, the fact that “Europe will cease to be a White Christian continent” in 150 years is a problem, is why Europe continues to hold an unenlightened view and policies on immigration. If Europe can assimilate its immigrants, then regardless of whether the EU President in 150 years is descended from today’s Muslim, Middle Eastern immigrant, he will be, and feel, at heart European, and that is what matters. The real danger is for Europe’s white population to hold onto the falsehood that only they can carry the European torch into the coming centuries, and to exclude others from the promise that full European citizenship holds.

You are completely correct Andrew! Did anyone else read the story of an Irish born boy who's culturally Irish? His parents are illegal immigrants from Africa and he's grown up in Ireland, so he's basically Irish in culture. It's such a shame that Europe won't allow immigrants a chance to assimilate… They'll increase the population and add diversity, and the population increase from immigration will save Europe's culture! Forget about genetics and color, it's about what's in the heart! It's in the New York Times!

in response to the title

goodbye!! wish i could say it was nice knowing you, but u raped every land you ever encountered and served as the epicenter of world war and as the progenitor of violence across the world

@3:45 … you'll colonize the southside of Chicago? Good luck with that.

• Joe Bish NECSP

Everyone forgot that only by reducing either population or consumption can Europe become sustainable. If the whole world consumed at the rate of western Europe, we would need several more planets -- or would need to see a global human population of about 2 billion.

• @ 11:12

Everywhere there's people, there's rape and murder. Maybe you would prefer a complete extinction of the human species?

• Jason

Dear #13, don't hold people of the current generation liable for the sins of their fathers. White Europeans today had nothing whatsoever to do with colonization.

• Steve G

My response to the following comment by Andrew F “Europe needs to get over the fact that it can no longer be a 90% white continent.” Nonsense!

All Europe needs to do is get back to producing more children, it’s no more complicated than that.

• History of Winners

"White Europeans today had nothing whatsoever to do with colonization."

Um, right, let's go back to our twentieth century history texts about Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The Congo became independent in 1960; only in 1997 did Mobutu's dictatorship collapse. Until that time, it was supported heavily by European military support. And South Africa had strong support until the end … and French Vietnam and then US intervention there … and U.S. interference in Central and South American politics, including but not limited to: Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, Chile, Argentina …

Besides the empirical fact that these colonialist are still alive and respected in Europe and the US today, post-"independence" policies have merely cemented the affect of colonialist rule, thwarting industrialization and pushing cash crop, export economies.

And the motivations today are still the same: economic and geopolitical, aided by an undercurrent of racial superiority. Don't call it racism if that word makes you cringe (I will), but it's a lot easy to look the other way when you can pretend people are somehow different.

Put differently: Americans decided nearly a century ago that sweatshop and child labor were anathema to human dignity. Why, then, do we turn a blind eye today as our, and European companies use such labor elsewhere?

The usual answer: they need to develop into prosperous capitalist economies, and only we can help. After all, WE developed to industrialization in the US and Europe by means including such inhumane labor laws. And if that's how we developed, obviously it's right for the rest of the poor, underdeveloped nations of the third world? Sound familiar?

Colonialism.

• je2010

Clearly it's okay to label whites as murderous bastards for the sins of their forefathers. but only white people.

In response to Steve G:

Yes, both you and Mr. Wagener are entirely correct about that. The issue with that solution, though, is that Europeans don't seem to be doing so. The real question is, is it worth the government's time and money to try to have a reverse one-child-policy? Or should Europe rather integrate the immigrants who are going to be there anyway? The demographic trends are clear: Europe will continue to diversify. Calls for "real" Europeans to reproduce more belies an assumption that white European babies are more European than non-white European babies, which in my humble opinion should offend every European, regardless of race.

• Chuck

There's a worthy question of whether the world will be a better place in 150 years if every country is the same, in all but name and history books. Unchecked immigration and emigration, even when assimilation works well, contribute to dilution of well-developed cultures. There are so many transcendantly beautiful cultural heirlooms in Europe -- architectural, musical, artistic, intellectual, religious -- that the EU should carefully consider how it plans to transmit those great treasures to future generations.

Even the cultural diaspora of the Internet is enough to make me forget about the many great principles laid forth in the founding documents of the United States -- documents I consider to be the few cultural treasures my own nation has.

• @ #13

Your generalizations amount to little more than racism. Because we all know that every single white European alive today started every single war in the history of mankind.

Get a grip, and bring your blind hatred elsewhere.

• History of Winners

Chuck,

I appreciate your concern for the preservation of culture. It is that same concern that has motivated generations of colonized people to resist imperialism and forced assimilation, whether in the name of conversion, civilization, or today, development.

I don't mean that as an attack on European culture either. As you said, the art, music, architecture, to merely begin, is incredible.

I simply fail to see how immigration will do that any damage. If anything, immigrants usually have harder time preserving their own culture in a new country. If anything, Europe and other sites of immigration would do well to appreciate the richness and diversity of intellectual and artistic traditions brought by immigrants.

Here, the United States is actually a decent example of how this works. Once the country gets over each wave of xenophobia (the Germans, Italians, Eastern European Jews, Chinese, Japanese, Puerto Ricans, Korean, Mexicans, …), we have tended, on the whole, to accept and integrate external culture into ours, without losing whatever might have formerly been called "American."

In Europe and the U.S., no one will forget Mozart or Van Gogh because they begin reading African literature instead of only the Western Canon.

I completely fail to grasp your argument that the Internet has made you lose sight of the founding documents. Still, if you looked around, I think you would find that the U.S. to have a plethora of cultural treasures. In fact, because of immigration, they only increase over time.

Sic transit gloria mundi. Mr. Wagener is a proud member of the Conservative Party of the YPU.

Europe and the US, in terms of integrating minorities, are completely different. The US has had a long tradition of having a far more open identity -- really, more of a political loyalty than anything else -- whereas European states have been homogenous (often forcibly so) for centuries. Integrating immigrants into European cultures is not a simple thing, and will not be for some time: it will require a radical transformation in what it means to be French, or German, or Italian. That's not an easy step, nor is it one anyone really knows how to take.

• Vince P

The author is absolutely in what he said.

I notice all the Thought Police in here haven't refutted any of the facts. (Falsely) attacking the motive of the author is not a refutation of his argument.

The native population of Europe is declining. The Muslim population is increasing. They Muslims have a deliberate plan to demographically Islamize Europe.

Anyone who spends 5 minutes researching this in google will find more than ample evidence.

All the Leftist Thought Police… It's your philosophy that has led to the situation in Europe.

Americans: We need to speak up and not be silenced by the Thought Police. Look at Europe as the model what can happen when the Left controls what can and can not be discussed.

• Chuck

History of Winners,

You make some good points. Immigrants are undoubtedly capable of contributing. Consider, for instance, the wave of scientists who flocked to the U.S. during WWII to escape persecution, and those many intellectuals who come here even today. Even among the lesser educated groups, immigrants have famously strong work ethic.

However, the following statement of yours aligns with my original argument:

"we have tended, on the whole, to accept and integrate external culture into ours, without losing whatever might have formerly been called 'American.'"

That would be precisely the definition of dilution. What was here is still here, except now there's more of everything. In the United States, our culture possesses some independently great ingredients, but it is a soup of many, many cooks. The culture of the U.S. is very far from cohesive, and is only the sum of parts.

My earlier statement about the Internet was poorly made. I was hoping to compare the unrestrained flow of "culture" online to the effect of unrestrained flow of culture across physical borders in the world. There's a dilution and a confusion to it. And there's a lot of backlash elsewhere in the world concerning the "cultural imperialism" of the U.S. Now our own culture infiltrates other countries without so much as a visa.

• Robert H

The problem is not one of white or various shades of browner skin color. The problem is Islam. Islam and the people (whatever color) who follow its tenets. Islam at its core (Koran and Hadiths) is a fascist ideology that forbids assimilation into European society and demands subjugation of all other peoples. Muslims are instructed by all current main schools of Islam to offer infidels three options: conversion, payment of a punitive poll tax, or death.

That future is not one to hope on anyone.

• Steve G

In response to Andrew F:

You stated “The demographic trends are clear: Europe will continue to diversify.” Well, that may be true for the time being, but I will give you a couple of other trends in Europe. Islamophobia is going to grow like wildfire and rightwing, anti-immigrant political parties will grow along with it. When Europe has decided that it has had its fill of Islam all I can say is LOOK OUT.

• Manuel

As a Mexican (and 4th-generation US citizen) living in what is currently called "The united States", I have a Win-Win solution for all those concerned with "keeping it White."

It's simple: White Americans can re-immigrate back to Europe and reclaim Europe and its White Christian heritage.

Europe is notoriously de-Christianizing while the USA is notoriously religious.

Think about it: those who are disturbed with Mexican migration throughout North America can move to Europe and be rid of those pesky Mexicans.

Europe can be guarranteed a White majority. White Americans can maintain the White majority status that they are losing. Europe can be guaranteed a White, Christian majority for the next 100 years (and then some).

Europe is the only place on the planet where White people can legitimately demand to "keep it White" without being racist. White people are Indigenous to Europe!

Europe needs its own "Ellis Island" solution to its current demographic suicide. White Americans are just the ones to go in their and straighten it out.

It's a Win-Win proposition.

• Good News!

Shame on you! Do you not know we are all the same! Do you not know all cultures are equal, and some cultures are more equal than others.
    I can not believe this is even being discussed! What will be wrong with Sharia law?.. Do you have something against Burkas, or is it Religious rule that scares you?
    Perhaps you are afraid of the Southwestern United States becoming too dark also? Come to California and witness what complete diversification has done to schools and cities… it is wonderful!
    What has the White man given the world besides war and racism??.. Good riddance! When the World is Brown and no races, cultures, or countries exist, only then will we have true peace, diversity, and prosperity for all!
    Your fate is sealed, not only in Europe , but also in the Americas…Face it White men… you are no longer needed nor are you wanted in our New World.

• Daniel

It is nice to see members of the presitgious and elite Yale University respond with such informed and detailed remarks and not succumb to the alarmist, fear-monger rhetoric of the right-wing.

• tomshuford@aol.com

Trevor Wagener: "An increasing number of Europeans, however, are demanding change, and are willing to accept a declining population and the consequent economic effects in order to preserve what they see as their heritage."

Professor George J. Borjas is Professor of Economics and Public Policy at Harvard and among the nation’s foremost labor economists. In a 2001 interview Borjas was asked, “Is there any economic reason to have a growing population?” His reply:

“No. I’ve wondered why people worry about this. Assuming constant returns—if you double input, you double output—it wouldn’t really matter what population level . . . What matters for an economy’s wealth is not the number of people, but the kind of people we have. In Europe, people worry about that a lot. But I don’t quite understand why cutting the population by 10% would imply that they are 10% poorer. Per capita income needn’t fall at all."

• Kosovo on Steroids

To the poster that claimed whites have caused "every war" of mankind;

Charles Martel stopped the advance of the Arab crusaders at Tours, France in 732 A.D.

Pope Urban launched the western crusades in 1095 A.D.

After that, the Austrians bravely repelled the Muslim crusaders at the gates of Vienna 3 times!

Furthermore, the Muslim crusaders invaded and still occupy Constantinople …

How then can your POSSIBLY hold any merit?

That said;

Why is it OK for ISRAEL to have open debate about the "demographic time bomb"….meaning concern that differential birthrates between Jews and Muslims will lead to the end of Israel as a "Jewish State" for how can Israel possibly be a democracy AND a "Jewish State" if the majority of its citizens are Arabs!

Its OK for Jews to OPENLY discourage intermarriage…but if WHITES should dare advocate the SAME…its "racist"!

What's more; Japan annd South Korea both also have negative births rates whereby there are now deaths than.
    births

Japan is now the oldest society on earth and the trend is worsening…

Yet, Japans official policy is to discourage ALL immigration in order to maintain…AND I QUOTE ,"RACIAL homogeneity"…

So, why is it soooooooooooo wrong if western nations seek self preservation like ALL the rest?

Look how Israel is currently DEPORTING illegal Africans…

How many immigrants, perhaps from impoverished neighboring countries, do japan, South Korea, China or Taiwan take in annually?

I would bet Filipinos, Thais, Indonesians, Burmese, Vietnamese dream of working in those NE Asian countries.

How MUSLIM immigrants do Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and the rest of the oil RICH Muslim nations, accept annually?

And…would western nations be "racist" if they adopted Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar MUSLIM immigration policies INTACT? Those countries deport illegal MUSLIMS as soon as POLICE detect them btw!

• bob

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

that pretty much sums up europe. they have many ideas about what they want the world to be like, but universally ignore the basic rules of the game. one of those rules is if you don't care about something it will cease to exist. the world is to competitive to tolerate people who hate themselves as absolutely as white europeans do at present.

It seems that the American trend of criticising us Europeans is alive and well in this piece. What knowledge does Mr. Wagener, a resident of Chicago, IL, of the situation in Europe? Granted, he may have been to Europe several times, but has he ever lived there? Probably not.
    I am surprised therefore that he does not turn his hypocritical eye to the USA which has a far bigger proportion of immigrants than Europe (indeed, the USA is an 'Immigrant Nation')and caucasian families do, on the whole, have lower birthrates than other immigrant families.
    So is the USA not also a dying continent?

• emarel

#1: The reason that inter-European and international migration of poor uneducated whites hasn’t led to those fears is that by and large they share the same culture. Opening access and opportunity to those of other cultures only insures that those from other cultures will import their cultures with them. They are not assimilating, and some cultures are better than others. I for one will say that, while I welcome the cultural influences of other peoples, I’d rather live in a Euro-centric culture rather than an Islamic, African, Hispanic or Asian one.

#3: While the Colonial era wasn't void if self-interest, it was the best thing to have happened to many parts of the world. Judge for yourself by the history of self-government in certain parts of the world since the end of colonialism.

#4: European culture IS better than the alternatives. We don't need the honor killings, female genital mutilation, voodoo, and slavery of the cultures which accompany the immigrant hordes.

#11, #12: African immigrants live in starkly lower conditions than the average French because they don’t want to assimilate and become French.

What all you don’t want to admit is that they’re there…and everyhere in the West…because thay want the benefits of European Christian civilization while at the same time holding on to their own failed cultures.

#13: Oh, please…The fact is that wherever the descendants of Caucasian Europeans may end up, that is where the rest of the world will scramble to be. Why? Oh, yeah, because the West is successful, and because with the exception of parts of Asia, most of the rest of the world is a sewer of poverty, misery, ignorance and incompetence. If and when the West fails, the rest of the world is screwed. The one commonality in all those groups who rail against the heterosexual, Christian White Man is that they can't compete with him.

#22, #24: And all that cultural capital as a result of European Christian Civilization will be left to those from cultures where things like sanitation and indoor plumbing are unsolvable mysteries.

• ReadBob

"Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries."

"The Netherlands and Belgium are more crowded than Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them."

"Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites."

"What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?"

"How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?"

"And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?"

"But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews."

"They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white."

"Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white."

• Gaurav Ahuja

As a non-White person, this is one of the huge pressing issues of the age. Whites have invented nearly everything and done nearly anything that is significantly innovative. If you do not believe me, please find a copy of Human Accomplishment. Also, the major thinkers of liberty have been nearly all White. All the Asian countries that have turned into Westernized, economic powerhouses had huge influence from the White world(Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan Japan). For those two reasons alone, I would say growing the absolute numbers of the White population is paramount. People say it is xenophobic and irrational to think we have anything to worry about since people are essentially equal. People are not equal and they never have been. I hope people will buy a copy of Race, Evolution, and Behavior and read the treatise of Dr. John Phillipe Rushton for the most detailed work about how the races differ in hundreds of traits due to genetics.

• John

I know the egalitarians won't like this, but:
    SOCIETY IS A RACIAL CONSTRUCT.

• JC

Andrew, I have news for you. Only white European babies are more European than non-white babies born in Europe. In fact, only European babies can be European. Period!

• John

Anyone who downplays the tragedy this is racist bigot that welcomes genocide of white Europeans. Such posters here are a DISGRACE to humanity.

• Greekzilla

It seems that feminism, socialism, materialism, and hedonism have taken a drastic toll on the europeans. Who knows, maybe the real men died off during both world wars and all we are left with are complete sissys. The French who died during the great wars must be rolling around in their grave at the sight of a bunch of throwbacks terrorizing the country they died for.

I do believe that there is still a fighting spirit within the Europeans. When they find it, WATCH OUT. The muslims that are wrecking havoc will get their just desserts. Seeing that the U.S likes taking in rejects, they will be seeking refuge there.

Manuel, there is a slight problem with all the whites going back to Europe. If that ever happened, the U.S will look like a cross between Haiti and Tiajuana. People like you would be seeking refuge in Europe, seeing that there isn't a white man to live off. Oh, I could see it now "Mexicans do the jobs that Europeans won't do".

• Cynthia

This is so depressing.
    I wholeheartedly agree that it is madness that White countries are the ONLY ones bullied into accepting hordes of Third Worlders and into being displaced by completely different people.

I don't hate one other person let alone a whole race of people. I do believe there are different races of people, but it is because differ that no race is better than another. Each race and ethnicity is suited best to where they live.

If only more Whites would stop being so selfish and materialistic this nightmare wouldn't be happening in Europe.
    Can't they see that homogeneous nations suffer less social problems?

• Katherine

I feel sadness in my heart everyday for this tragedy which I'm loathe to accept. If you are a person, like me, who has even an ounce of appreciation for the beauty, intelligence, and freedom that Western civilization has produced over the centuries, you would weep also. The only thing I would say to the author is, 'It's not like the same thing isn't happening here.' Maybe not as dramatically, and maybe we're not being supplanted by the same backward culture, but the people who created America as we have known it are being overrun with a culture to whom the majesty of Western civilization is as alien as that of Europe's invaders. God have mercy on us. As for me- hey, Iceland, New Zealand… they look better every day. Only hope that in the not too distant future a lot more people like me don't get the same idea. Can you say brain drain/huge financial loss for America? You reap what you sow.

• Lor

Yes - Western civilization is superior to any other in the world current.

Yes - Judeochristianity and secular humanism are superior ideologies to murderous Islam

Yes - countries ruled by the law and tradition are superior places to live compared to any others

YES - Europe will be destroyed once Islam and African immigrants start to influence it to a significant degree

NO - I am not allowed to say this in public, on pain in ridicule, abuse, economic sanction, and in some places, jail.

• Jess Allen

Look at what's been happening in Europe (Many, many more articles like this on the Internet.)

Denmark
    17 arrested after youths riot in Denmark - USATODAY.com
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-02-14-denmark-unrest_N.htm

Riots sweep Denmark - UPI.com
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/02/17/riots_sweep_denmark/5343/

Jihad Watch: Danish Muslims riot, burn cars over Motoons; cops …
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/019994.php

Denmark Moslem youth riots ignored while Paris is burning
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/2005/cover110405.htm

Sweden, Norway & Finland
    Fjordman: Immigrant Rape Wave in Sweden
    fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/12/immigrant-rape-wave-in-sweden.html

Swedish Welfare State Collapses as Immigrants Wage War | The …
    http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/938

YouTube - Muslim Rape Epidemic in Sweden and Norway
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReQWikKf3n4

Muslim rape wave in Sweden - Codewolf Systems, Inc.
    Jan 13, 2008 … Muslim rape wave in Sweden - There are even reports of Swedish girls being attacked and cut with knives on the dance floor. …www.codewolf.com/story/article_1058135.html

Oslo Muslims Six Times More Likely to Rape | The Brussels Journal
    2) But if fact, we don't care why the immigrants rape European girls: …. series of gang rapes on White girls by Lebanese and Pakistani gangs in Australia, …www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1937
    LiveLeak.com - 20 year old Girl Gang-Raped by 5 Africans in Norway
    Shock: Teens gang rape mother and forced her pre-teen son to watch & · Shock: Teens gang rape mother …. crimes here in percent are immigrants from outside …www.liveleak.com/view?i=c03_1196083754&c=1

France
    FOXNews.com - Paris Rioters Set Woman Afire as Violence Spreads …
    Nov 4, 2005 … Paris Rioters Set Woman Afire as Violence Spreads, Riots spread elsewhere in France as they enter their second week.www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174533,00.html

Police and Protesters Clash Near Paris - New York Times
    Officials said that the violence in a Paris suburb was escalating into … “It will take a lot more than riot police to cure this neighborhood,” she said. …www.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/world/europe/28riot.html?pagewanted=all

BBC NEWS | Europe | French riots spread beyond Paris
    Five hundred vehicles are torched as the unrest of the past week spreads from the French capital.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4405620.stm

CNN.com - Fiery riots spread beyond Paris - Nov 4, 2005
    Nov 4, 2005 … Rioting erupted for an eighth straight night in the impoverished suburbs of Paris, with angry youths setting fire to a school, a bus depot, …www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/04/france.riots/index.html

France stunned by rioters’ savagery - Times Online
    Dec 2, 2007 … The Americans on this board seem to have no idea of the racial ….. Deport all illegal immigrants. Stop the riots by using deadly force. …www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2983714.ece

Riots point to a France dividing along racial lines …
    Nov 30, 2007 … Riots point to a France dividing along racial lines. … Immigrants and their French-born children often complain that its harder for them …www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/30/europe/EU-GEN-France-Race-Riots.php

Riots point to racial divisions in officially color-blind France …
    Riots point to racial divisions in officially color-blind France … Immigrants and their French-born children often complain that it is harder for them …www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/12/01/news/nation/16_31_5711_30_07.txt

• African

Europeans came into Africa and had their way with it, so I guess its time to return the favor. The great thing about the African style of conquest, err, I mean, immigration(wink wink), is that we'll intermarry into the population. We'll never leave!

Me and my brothers will move to Germany. We've always liked blondes. Seal has shown us the way.

• John

Human Accomplishment: The Pursuit of Excellence in the Arts and Sciences, 800 BC to 1950 is a book by Charles Murray surveying outstanding contributions to the arts and sciences from ancient times to the mid-twentieth century. The book represents the first attempt to quantify the accomplishment of individuals and countries worldwide in the fields of arts and sciences by calculating the amount of space allocated to them in reference works, an area of research sometimes referred to as historiometry. Murray found that nearly all scientific progress, and all important scientific and artistic ideas, were made by white Europeans or their descendants (such as white Americans, Australians, Canadians, and New Zealanders).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Accomplishment

• Carney

All the handwringing and guilt-slinging about lower social and economic performance by non-whites in white societies, including Europe, ignores the central reality of racial differences in average intelligence. There's a mountain of evidence that the average white IQ is 100, while black African IQ is 70. (Black Americans and Arabs are about 85). Decades and billions of historically unprecedented effort to overcome this came barely budges it; it's genetic in origin just as the differences in height and strength between men and women are.

For all those brilliant Ivy Leaguers who think pointing to the one time where the smartest kid in the class was black, or the dumbest kid was white, refutes this fundamental social and biological reality, re-learn what the law of averages means.

I find it amusing that those who most like to mock fundamentalist Christians who reject evolution are the ones who most devoutly cling to magical thinking in this area. Somehow humans as a species are magically immune to evolution, or at least the human brain is. We're supposed to ignore that our species had different population groups living in absolute genetic isolation from each other for tens of thousands of years is wildly varying climates with with different disease threats, food availability, and different levels of social cooperation, delayed gratification, and planning for the future being necessary in the tropics as opposed to Siberia and Ice Age Europe.

It's also amusing that the same people that want to preserve the red wolf (which can interbreed with any other canine to produce fully fertile offspring), and who are ignorant of the reality that any great cat "species" (our arbitrary label, not nature's) can produce fertile offspring with any other, are hysterically angry at the notion that maybe whites are a distinct subspecies at least that deserves to survive as such.

Instead we see lip-smacking, white-hating relish at the notion of white extinction. After all, we have it coming, when we did nothing that any other race hasn't done.

• John

The quality of life of a country correlates with how White it is (except Japan); the worst places to live are all in Africa:

In fact, if the best places to live in the world are found in Europe and north America, the 25 countries at the bottom of the HDR index are all in Africa.

http://www.scandinavica.com/culture/society/UNreport.htm

• John

Dear Mr. African:

Africa was apparently better off when Whites ruled it:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1713275,00.html

• Realist

Institution of the womens liberation movement has destroyed you. Your political decisions undermine the laws of nature.

Your future is bleak, your species are doomed to extinction.

Al Ahaim

• Tedium

Have any of the last 30 posters even read the original piece? This is a comment section on a college newspaper website, not a political forum. Please, take your white supremacy, intolerance, and doomsday predictions elsewhere.

• Grouchy

Tedium says: "This is a comment section on a college newspaper website, not a political forum. Please, take your white supremacy, intolerance, and doomsday predictions elsewhere."
    Why? Is pointing out the problem of the low birthrate in Western Europe, combined with a large immigration into Europe of people who often have "intolerant" beliefs themselves, not allowed in "Tedium's" politically correct universe?

• Jose

Europeans don't feel any pride in their culture or their history, and they loathe their skin color. They feel that they are progressive and enlightened when they declare that it will be a positive development when whites become a tiny minority in their once native land. They have become self loathing sheep, and the comments on this page prove it.

They don't have enough pride in their culture, religion, or history to even create offspring. It is a pitiful and contemptuous position. White Europeans will die out because they are a pathetic, cowardly, and self loathing people.

Good riddance.

• Law Student

Some of the comments on here are very telling, and reveal an alarming hatred of white people. Are we not allowed to talk about how issues affect white people? There are caucuses, committees, and organizations of all types whose one purpose is to analyze how any given political decision will affect "people of color," and yet it is forbidden to write one article merely addressing the fact that whites will be reduced to a minority?
    Examples:
    -Calling the article "white supremacist patriarchy." Apparently, nowadays even mentioning the fact of White European demographic decline in their own lands is "supremacist."
    -"goodbye!! wish i could say it was nice knowing you, but u raped every land you ever encountered and served as the epicenter of world war and as the progenitor of violence across the world." As if whites are somehow especially evil because they came out on top of the power struggles of the last centuries. Does this poster not know that slavery, "imperialism," and violence are ubiquitous phenomena throughout history, or does she just not care to recognize that inconvenient fact?

Overall, it is obvious that years of academic misinformation have taken their toll. With history classes and "whiteness studies" courses positing white people as the villains of world history and the cause of all societal ills, it is no wonder that the first solution some students offer is that Europeans "open up more opportunities" to its minorities rather than take the more obvious path and simply adopt more sensible immigration policies.

Even Mr. Wagener, thankfully bringing our attention to this demographic crisis, calls those European political parties brave enough to take a stand against it "xenophobic." That kind of perjorative label has no place in a debate this serious. The fact is, those parties are addressing a real problem and are merely wanting Europe to remain Europe. But alas, that is simply not allowed in polite society these days.

• Lucius Vorenus

If any of you are interested in the underlying phenomena here [and how could you not be?], then you're welcome to join us at Spengler's site:

http://spengler.atimes.net/viewforum.php?f=1

I'd also urge you to read his essays:

Spengler essays, 2004-present
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/others/spengler.html

Spengler essays, 2000-2004
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/others/Spengler1.html

Here are a few in particular which I'd recommend:

Why Europe chooses extinction
    Apr 8, 2003
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/front_page/ED08Aa01.html

Power and the evangelical womb
    Nov 9, 2004
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FK09Aa02.html

They made a democracy and called it peace
    Mar 8, 2005
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/GC08Aa02.html

Why nations die
    Aug 16, 2005
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/GH16Aa02.html

Deep in denial (or in de' Mississippi)
    Sep 7, 2005
    http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/GI07Aa01.html

• John

Dear Tedium:

"Please, take your white supremacy, intolerance, and doomsday predictions elsewhere."

Are you being *intolerant* of opinions not to your liking? In the spirit of equality, do you also suggest that the anti-White supremacists take their opinions elsewhere?

• Marc

If this trend isn't stopped there will be no Europe in the future but just a bigger middle east. If you think the population can be exchanged without dramatically changing the face of the continent you're a fool.

• Eric

It's always amusing to read the insults heaped upon white European culture from those that have benefited from it. I also find it amusing that so many people decry the "evils" and sins of our culture yet miss the fact that there are MILLIONS of 3rd world citizens overrunning their so-called oppressors. If Western culture were not superior then we wouldn't have an immigration problem and maybe the 3rd world would as Westerners left the West for the Utopias in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East. It is also amusing that it is only because of the freedom we enjoy in the West that we can openly criticize our own culture. There are no such freedoms in other cultures and thus we, and many of them, are ignorant of the evils and sins of lesser cultures. For example, more white Europeans were enslaved by Muslims of North Africa than blacks were shipped to the Americas. http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2007/09/the_untold_stor.php
    The fact that many Arab countries didn't give up slavery until the 20th century is rarely, if ever, mentioned. And just who were the Arabs enslaving? Sub-Saharan blacks.
    Europe is the homeland of the "white race" and they have every right to defend their lands and their culture in any way they see fit. If the situation were reversed and whites were slowly overwhelming a non-white country every PC, multi-culti nut job in the Western world would be claiming it was an intolerable act of genocide. The double standard applied to the dominant culture is appalling and absurd.

• Yup..

I agree with the previous commenters in that White people really need to unite in order to maintain control of our ancestral homelands.

Too many leftists don't understand that a White minority means the end of all the values they hold dear as well. The Middle Easterners and the Africans are not about to carry the torch for the white/jewish progressives after they've become a demographic non-entity.

• Justin

Why do so many whites seek to dilute historic European nations with immigrants? What is it about the white mind that brings forth this collective suicide? What is it about the white mind that enables so many whites to delude themselves that race plays no part in social solidarity? After all most of these white people go out of their way to associate primarily with other whites.

You sure don't find the Japanese committing themselves to similar patterns of behavior.

• Swedish Anon

Well, as a white European, unlike most the other commentators here I gathered, I can't really see what the big "problem" is.
    Immigration is only a bad thing in the minds of xenophobic culture conservatives, and I fear this article really says more about those and it's author than anything else.
    And when Trevor Wagener starts rambling about estimations for the year 2150 all I can think is "Does any of this really matter to you or anyone else alive today, because we'll certainly won't be by then". Hell, history if anything has showed that cultures that accept or even assimilate by osmosis have been hugely successfull over those that xenophobically cling on to abstract notions of "purity" or cultural uniformity.

Besides, who do we have to thank for much of the influx of arabic/muslim immigrants? Well here in Sweden we have US to thank for a lot, their little neocolonial sorties into Iraq have dislodged millions, and from those Sweden have accepted hundreds of thousands refugees (yes, way way more than the entire "coalition of the willing" put together has). So instead of trying to blame the refugees come here with nothing but the clothes on their backs maybe we should look to the west instead? I mean, it is you who largely cause our immigration "problem" after all.

Furthermore I get the impression the article holds christianity in a positive regard, personally I'd like to see all religion eradicated from the world, and recognized as the scourge it is. Christianity has historically fucked Europe up more than any other single idea ever has, including fascism, national socialism, communism etc.
    Religion brings out the worst in people given enough time, and is hardly an ideal, wether it's Islam, Christianity or the belief that your belly button lint controls your destiny.

I'm sorry Trevor, your article seems like little more than a thinly veiled manifestation of your own xenophobic fears. And ffs, change that title, only German eugenic biologists during the 1930's would agree with your views on "species".

• Steve

the last 35 comments ruined the spirit of the debate from any angle. That's what these white nationalist trolls like doing. These people are hopeless.

• A Reader

White Europeans are being displaced by the immigrants from Third World countries. Many of them (Whites) refrain from having children because of gross overpopulation and inadequate infrastructure. They ask themselves, and rightly so, why should we bring more kids to this crowded world?

Unfortunately, the immigrants from Third World countries don't consider overpopulation as deterence to irresponsible breeding, so they keep multiplying, which discourages even more whites to have kids. This is in adition to rising crime rates and deteriorating quality of life that the immigration brings.

I don't have a doubt that we are witnessing a gradual genocide of Caucasian population of Europe by means of suicidal immigration policy that has been imposed on European nations against theur will.

Calling it "voluntary" is adding an insult to the injury.

• John

Steve,

"the last 35 comments ruined the spirit of the debate from any angle. That's what these white nationalist trolls like doing. These people are hopeless."

I don't think the posters to whom you refer as "trolls" have ruined anything; it sounds like you are intolerant of diverse opinions not to your liking.

• Chaos

"the last 35 comments ruined the spirit of the debate from any angle. That's what these white nationalist trolls like doing. These people are hopeless. "

When Europeans start talking about their own survival the debate is over. And that is the 'spirit' we are faced with. The only thing that's acceptable for our 'enlightened progressive' overlords is never-ending concessions. We lose land, we lose numbers, we lose power. That is all good. Speak up against this trend and face the asian/african wrath. Freedom of speech non-Euro style in action!

This whole thing about Whites being this and Whites being that is a fundamentally a load of crap because the term White is so damn fluid. These same racial arguments (IQ, competence, etc.) that some posters are leveling as a White/Black divide were used by Anglos and Germans to justify the Nordic/Latin divide over a century ago. It's only just now that the English/Germans/Italians/Spaniards/French/Polish/etc. are lumped together into this so-called homogenous mass. Why? Because it's politically and economically expedient. The in-group/out-group definitions will change again in another century, depending on who's available for exploitation and who is immigrating into Europe or North America. Don't bother arguing at this level, it's absurd and fruitless, your fighting against a definition that will change soon enough with people who will rationalize whatever is expedient to them. Case closed.

Now if Europe really wants to solve its problem, it needs to think about how to give new communities access and how to support moderate Islam (read: most Muslims in Europe) instead of alienating and radicalizing the entire faith with generalizations.

• Marian

It seems that a lot of politically correct commenters are obsessed with RACE. Even the author of this article frames the current rising tide of street-level violence into the familiar white vs. non-white package. It is so familar. The evil KKK-types versus lovely oppressed brown people.

Forget about it. The problems in Europe are cultural, and the main problem begins with I and ends with SLAM.

Today, lone women and homosexuals are not safe in the streets where they could easily walk 20 years ago, because of mobs of fanatized "youths", infected by radical Islam exported from Saudi Arabia or Iran. Comedians and cartoonists live under police protection, every few days some unhappy girls are jugulated by their fathers or brothers in the name of "honor". Apostates from Islam - yes, brown people - are chased by their relatives and former friends and need to move around the country to escape them.

We (I am writing from Europe) have imported an intolerant, rabid, supremacist, Dark Age mentality of radical Islam, and it now assaults all the freedoms that we took for granted, and that you Americans still take for granted. Almost all Islamic political organizations here are radical, and their aim is to create Sharia-based states in place of the current ones. They already half-succeeded in many neigbourhoods in Britain and France, where police is loathe to come. The moderates among Muslims are too afraid to speak up, because that might mean being stabbed or shot in the street.

Do you think that I am kidding? That I am a vicious islamophobe? Come over here, walk in the streets of the forbidden cities - especially if you are a woman or a gay. Feel the love …

• yalie

one in five people in the world is a mulsim. there are more muslims in amerca than there are jews. please shut up with your bigoted crap, all of you. ydn, please moderate your forums, this kind of content is entirely inappropriate. if you don't believe me, just replace muslim/islam in every hateful, racist comment with jew/judaism, christian/christianity etc., and see what it reads like.

• kimchi

Great conversation! I'm Korean, that makes me impartial eye-in-sky black-white/South-North/karmic-world unfolding yang-ying / Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson judge. No, not really.

As a colored person it's great to see the crumbling of old school white racist priviledge and dogma. I speak for every goddamed colored person on this planet when I say this. OTOH, it looks like as a Korean, Korea too will befall demographic death or near-death. Korea's repacement level is lower than even the lowest Euro country. This has led me to wonder if there isn't some necessary inner mechanistic destructive principle at work here given the current multi-racial configuration of our beloved planet. (Ignore Spengler, he's a blowhard. I don't think he even speaks an Asian language). White women get fat. Asian men become indifferent. White men feel guilt. Asian women essentially hate multi-culture. Yes, they really do. Eurasians hate mating with Africans. Fundamental law of human biology? I think Eurasians will figure it all out eventually, but only after near-death experiences. Africans are cool (at a distance).

• A Reader

Unfortunately, the immigrants from Third World countries don’t consider overpopulation as deterence to irresponsible breeding, so they keep multiplying, which discourages even more whites to have kids. This is in adition to rising crime rates and deteriorating quality of life that the immigration brings.

I don’t have a doubt that we are witnessing a gradual genocide of Caucasian population of Europe by means of suicidal immigration policy that has been imposed on European nations against theur will.

Calling it “voluntary” is adding an insult to the injury.

• An Alum

This nonsense of blaming whites for the ills of the world and portraying people of color as historic victims needs to stop. I've come to the sad realization that violence, oppression, and discrimination are deeply embedded human traits that transcend race. Today's "victim" was yesterday's "persecutor." There is no white or black or Asian or Hispanic/Latino man's burden. There is simply the human burden and the obligation to overcome our savage tendencies through reflection, self-awareness, and empowerment.

• Big Bill

The situation will not change because of the Yalies. Yalie men and women with their graduate degrees and big incomes want cheap wet nurses to suckle their babies. They want cheap yard boys to mow their huge lawns. And they don't want to pay what it cost 30 years ago.

As a result, us 500-800 SAT Americans cannot make enough to raise a family.

But the Left has long been indifferent to working Americans --- at least if they are white.

From where we sit, kiddies, alien workers are nothing more than cheap foreign scab labor brought in to supply the middle-aged parents of Yalies, and to give Yalie kids multicolored classmates with fun food.

If we could have more kids without going on welfare we would, but we can't. And you won't because it would cut into the budget for your annual vacations to Gstaad and Jackson Hole.

• Action

People dont like to hear it but the solution for europeans problems will, forcibly be war(civil or not) from either side of the barricade or point of view. From my point of view(european native) people should try the "easy" way first: non-infiltrated, real, nationalist parties, strict control of borders, massive deportations, real strong incentives to birth rate…and laws about marriage like the ones we see in Israel.
    Only then if the "easy" way didnt work we should take the hard way: civil militias, leaderless resistance, all out war, etc… . Whatever people call me it wont change the facts, meaning the numbers on demography, islamization of Europe, growing immigration, constant deceit by political elites, pending and coming economic crisis worldwide…and so on. At this point debate really doesnt matter only action does.

• emarel

To Tedium #55 and Stevie #66; Your posts beautifully demonstrate the vacuous quality of what passes for higher education today, especially in such esteemed universities like Yale. Your inability to handle an alien thought…your being threatened by anything outside the bounds of what is contained within your book jackets…is stunning, infantile, and worthy of only contempt.

To Realist #54; I do have to agree with you. The Women's Liberation movement and the other forms of political correctness that we've foolishly adopted will be the downfall of the West. Europe's low replacement rate has nothing to do with fears of overpopulation, but is the result of women's rejection of marriage and motherhood and their desire to act more like men. The men are retreating in response, and The West is becoming a Matriarchy. Yes, Realist, a Patriarchal society will trump a matriarchial one every time, and Europe as we know it will decline. Not to fear though, because we will not become extinct, but will survive from the experience, and flourish somewhere. Rest assured that your descendants will always have a place where they can gain the benefits of a civilization that they had no part in producing.

• Spaniard (Kosovo on Steroids)

Personally, I do NOT accept the notion that Europe "needs" immigrants.

But, even if we assume this to be true which I do not)…there is no reason why the OVERWHELMING majority of immigrants to Europe should be Muslims from Africa and the Middle East, and in the UK, from Pakistan.

Speaking for my own country, there are tens of millions of Spanish descended people throughout Latin America (especially Argentina) that would fit in much better in Spain.

I have no problem with non white immigrants (especially from Latin America) as long as their NUMBERS are not at levels that threaten complete demographic replacement of the indigenous Spaniards.

For example; Here in Spain, one of the largest immigrant groups is people from Ecuador. While I harbor no ill will towards them generally…neither would I like to see Spain become Ecuador 2.

On the other hand, I MUCH prefer non white South Americans to Muslims!

In conclusion;

I would like to ask Mr "yalie";

How many Muslim (let alone Christian, Jewish, Hindu , Sikh, etc) immigrants do Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, or any of the other oil rich gulf states , accept annually?

And do you think those countries would favor Muslim immigrants to non Muslim ones? And if so, why should my country be held to a different standard?

Would there have been an "inquisition" if the Arab crusaders had not invaded Spain in the FIRST PLACE?

And please, ENOUGH of your calls for censorship!

wow the billy's have really descended from the hills to get the voice of the ignorant and intolerant out there! As soon as i saw the comment count number jump from 25 to 75, i knew someone had emailed all of his crazy conserv friends to comment on a topic that is clearly above their heads.

let the liberals laugh and the intelligent conversavites(oxymoron?) cringe while reading these comments!

• yalie

damn, spaniard, i'm not going to dignify your purely racist and very historically creative diatribe with a response other than to say you need to read some menocal

• Portuguese

All this nonsense, all this PC crap, its a very stupid world where we live in. Let me tell you, here in my country the law of abortion has just passed and its the same in all western european countries: high levels of immigration and low levels of births in native ppl. The media reported that the population is growing on my country just because of the immigration and they did it in a most joyful manner… but they forgot report the "benefits" in having aliens here: New types of crime("carjacking": this type of crime was never seen in my country until now, due to the massive brazilian immigration), more killings, more prostitution, more social problems, more cultural decandence, lower income rates, more gettos. Portugal was once considered the most secure(less crimes per person) country in western europe, far from being the most rich. And now we see homicides every week , violent crimes, robbery, rapes…
    If European peoples become extinct we will have an all "equal" world like those very "progressive" people like to say, but they forget that we will have a complete "third" world: equal in misery, poverty and decandence.

sorry for my english, i hope that you will understand.

• Chuck

Europeans in the past have proven they can stick up for themselves. The important questions I see are:

(1) Will they choose to actively preserve their countries' traditional cultures? If so, how?

and

(2) Can they avoid ripping the E.U. apart if xenophobic attitudes create refugee problems and illegal border-crossing disputes?

Trevor Wagener, I commend these ponderous questions into your hands. While you're at it, figure out the most analogous situation in European history. I hesitate to say, it may be the persecution of European Jews.

• William of OC

There is civil war coming to Europe, so this very real, existential crisis will not be solved in a college online forum. I can assure you, when war ensues, the Muslims and non-whites will be pushed out of Europe, along with their white Marxist fellow-travellers.

The more the EU clamps down on patriots and the more the Muslims riot, the more justification we will have to act against the third world invaders and their white Marxist handlers. I know for a fact that white self-defence militias are being formed in several European capitals. I am helping organise financing and supplies. We are ready to act.

Europeans have a right to a territory they can call their own. That territory is called Europe. The solution to under-population is easy. Europe needs more Europeans, it's that simple. White women need to start having more children.

Let's look at colonial history. Just as Africans and Asians started liberation struggles to kick out whites, Europeans and White Americans will launch similar liberation struggles to kick out the non-whites from our countries. It's inevitable.

• Paul

Everyone is looking at this through a race-defined lens (typical Americans) when it is actually cultural. Due to their need to maintain expense "welfare" states (really just corrupt redistribution Gov'ts), they need labor. Excluding the E. Europeans who have gone West, the Europeans have unfortunately chosen those most different from themselves. Pakistani immigrants to the UK, for example, come from some of the poorest districts in Pakistan - and 60% of these people in the UK are married to their first-cousins. Race aside - how can one expect to assimilate those from such different cultures?

• Jess Allen

Hey white business students,

I think there's a HUGE MARKET where MILLIONS can be made catering to everyday white folk who aren't haters but want to retain their culture and their homelands.

You have as many as 100 million whites - an untapped niche market that you could target and promote to. Hey, every other race does it, why not us?

• Mimi

I don't suppose it occurred to any of our 'leaders' that nearly a century of constant warfare, a collapsing public education system and stagnant wages for most occupations due to mass immigration would discourage ordinary white women from wanting children? We have learned the hard way that there is noone to look after you - we have to look out for ourselves. If you feel like a slave, if you are treated like a slave by the elites, you do NOT want to reproduce more slaves.

• Douglas

"White Europeans are being outnumbered in their "own" countries? Boo hoo. What do they have to say about Europe's centuries-long colonialism?"

I'd respond like this: Yes, Europeans did colonize Asia and Africa for centuries, but they never committed any large-scale genocide against the native populations. To this day, Asia and Africa are still Asian and African, respectively, and these two peoples do not face any major demographic threats similar to those faced by the Europeans.

• Pagan Man

People of European ancestry are not so horrible that they deserve to go extinct. White women need to tell their feminist school teachers and college professors to shut up. This kind of suicidal feminism is spread within the schools, and because white women receive the most education, they have had the most exposure to the "dont have babies" gospel. Europeans swallowed this whole heartedly and without question, and now Europeans are going to go extinct and become out numbered by uneducated muslims. Europeans have been incredibly stupid. White american women are having children at slightly higher rates, and thank the Gods for that, but our stable birthrate is due to an invasion by uneducated mexicans.

White people need to wake up, and realize how many people around the world want to see us go extinct. Labelling our entire culture a "white supremacist patriarchy" is the kind of hate that perpetuates the idea that we deserve to go extinct. Demographic suicide happens when white women actually believe this garbage.

Honor the Old Gods of Europe to remember the vigor, strength, and nobility of our European tribes. Live peacefully with your neighbors of other ethnicities, but do not choose death for yourself and your culture.

• French guy

I m french, and i m living in the suburb of Paris, in a neighbourghood inhabited by african immigrants, with my wife, and daughter (i reproduce, lol).

This is both interesting and annoying. People are rather nice, but i don't feel really at home and i have no use concealing it.

Of course, the neighbourghood is full with white female/black male couples (a "must" in France !). I sometimes wonder what do the whites counterparts that stay single (????), given the numbers !

and yes, this is colonization. There is nothing irrational saying this.

We, in France, are the most quickly-dying european nation. Our culture is being under assault and destroyed, our people is being harassed in the urban streets, and it may be only a beginning

anti-white racism is pregnant in France, and don't believe the mainstream medias : it is extremely more violent than the reverse, anti-african racism

there is a huge hypocrisy in Europe, especially in France. Almost everyone knows the problem, but few are willing to talk about it. Why ? Because of the fear for social exclusion and judicial prosecution (we, in France, have no freedom of speech)

white flight is also massive.

• Matt

Let's avoid trying to paint this intelligent article with a racist brush, it is not.

The very same who call this racist, decry the loss of heritage among indigenous populations the world over…get off your high horse.

This is about Europe retaining it's admirable cultural heritage. It is one thing to accept a healthy level of mult-culturalism. It is another to concede your national traditions to Sharia law. That is not multi-culturalism, that is instituting a misogynistic, gay-bashing neo-fascism.

As someone who is willing to look at the great contributions distinct European cultures have made to the world, it would be a sad thing to see those cultures fade away…especially in favor of a doctrine that is wholly inconsistent with liberal values.

Stop the hypocrisy…this article is about defending liberal values and cultural heritage, not racism.

• Joe

I can't believe the amount of anti-White hatred and hypocrisy coming from the people who comment on this article.

If there was an article about Palestinians taking over Israel through high birth rates and immigration, and I wrote, oh those racist Israelis, they need to assimilate and become extinct would I be an anti-semite ? Yes

Who are these feminists telling White women not to have children ? I can't Wait until they learn of Islam. Maybe seeing vengance brought upon those feminists who corrupted and destroyed White women by telling them to have abortions and not reproduce is a good reason to look forward to Islam.

• Bob

Yes, those hispanic immigrants integrate so well in New Haven (not)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U854PyaQS0

• Timothy

Has anyone paid attention to what post apartheid Zimbabwe and South Africa has become ? It is Hell for White people there and leave by the millions.

The author also fails to mention that most of the immigrants to White nations are from failed non White societies. When the non White immigrants take over Europe and North America it will be another failed non White society.

Non White people will suffer the most from a Non White Europe. Europeans pay tons of money to the third world for food and development. Once the Whites go, the money goes and everyone suffers.

• Tom

The solution is simple: it's either war, or convert to Islam. Given what feminism has done to the West culturally, I'd say let's convert. "Brown" people are more fun than the shaming, blaming white imperial women anyway.

At least Islam will bring back opportunities for our men. And let's not forget that Islam contributed algebra and teloscopy while we whites were avoiding baths——Muslim people can do science just fine. It's just gynophilia and profeminism that they don't tolerate.

• Joe

Ok, here is the deal (i know this article is old)

European countries have DISTINCT ETHNIC/CULTURAL IDENTITIES. This smorgasboard American-style melting pot approach only works here in the States because American does not have a distinct ethnic identity. People in Europe who feel their culture and way of life are threatened are not racists and they have every right to feel this way.

This "serves 'em right" mentality some of you have says a lot more about your own insecurity and latent bigotry than anything else.

In the next 20-25 years, this issue will become much more significant. Europe is a bomb waiting to go off.

• jack hdfk

i wouldn't worry too much guys,if we count the caucasian population of n. america (which, lets face it, is all just a european province) we're actually doing ok for numbers anyhoo (keep up with the abstinence-only sex ed. guys! we're countin' on ya!)

like the "against darwinian priciples" bit. like we're all supposed to be playing to some dead kentish guys rule-book.

that said, i feel i have to say (on behalf of europe): "we don't like this stinky game & we're going home! and we're taking our balls!"

• White Man

The extinction of Europeans spells certain doom for Earth but will be celebrated as victory day for jews and assorted non-Whites, such as the first poster Luis M. who does his best to make it sound good.

• reg1988

mexicans in the USA are uneducated but at least they are christians the real problem is europe, european culture is dying the american is not, as a mexican living in mexico women in colleges are almost 50% very equally but they still want to have kids and the average mexican women has 2 kids so thankfully our people is not dying until 2050, when there is going to be a population decline like in europe now, the problem of european women isnt feminism or education is more like psicological they are traumatized or they are very liberal, but becoming muslims isnt going to solve your problems infact is gonig to be a cultural backwardness a new dark age you should talk with your women

• Pingback: URL

• Pingback: cheap auto insurance rate

• Pingback: limo hire London , limousine hire London , limo hire , limousine hire , hummer limo hire ,London limo hire , London limousine hire ,

• Pingback: www.finleysolutions.com

• Pingback: Narragansett