Women put record to the test on road

The No. 1-ranked women’s basketball team will face a test this weekend against, well, another couple of first-place teams — Harvard (10-8, 3-1 Ivy) and Dartmouth (6-12, 3-1). In a weekend that promises to set the course for the rest of the season, the Bulldogs (5-12, 3-1) will have to meet a challenge, with both games on the road.

Last time out, the Elis lost to another fellow first-place team in Cornell (11-6, 3-1), 62-54, in Ithaca, N.Y. The Bulldogs were down by one at the half but lost their touch in the second half, shooting 28.6 percent. Consistency in effort and performance will be key for the Elis this weekend, as they have struggled with their shots in between good shooting games.

Melissa Colborne ’10 drives in against Brown on Jan. 26 at home. The Elis will play on the road this weekend.
Ge Yang

The Bulldogs have also relied on second-half comebacks in their last two road wins. Whether this trend can continue, especially against quality teams like the Crimson and Big Green, remains to be seen.

Forward Melissa Colborne ’10, whose 15.5 points per game are second in the Ancient Eight, will look to continue her strong Ivy League start, even as she attracts increasing attention from opposing defenses. The status of backup point guard Yoyo Greenfield ’11, who missed last weekend’s game, is still uncertain as well.