Hillary Clinton LAW ’73 to visit Yale on Monday morning

Less than 24 hours before the polls open on Super Tuesday, Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Hillary Clinton LAW ’73 will be returning to her alma mater for a roundtable discussion at the Yale Child Study Center at 9:30 on Monday morning, the News has learned.

A Clinton campaign representative confirmed the details of the event, which will be closed to the public but open to the press.

The visit comes on the heels of a sudden burst of candidate interest in Connecticut, which has become a competitive state according to recent polls that show Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama neck-and-neck. Hours later, Obama will be holding a “Stand for Change” rally at the XL Center in Hartford with Sen. Ted Kennedy and Caroline Kennedy, the daughter of John F. Kennedy, at 5:30 p.m. Free buses will leave at 3 p.m. from Grove Street, between Church and Temple Streets., and will return at approximately 7:45 p.m.

But alas, the candidates will not cross paths: Clinton is scheduled to be in Massachusetts by 11:30 a.m.

Earlier today, Sen. John McCain — who is leading Gov. Mitt Romney in Connecticut polls — visited Sacred Heart University in Fairfield for a rally. And in a last-minute move, Sen. John Kerry ’66 came to the Elm City this afternoon to speak to Obama canvassers at the home of New Haven Public Schools Superintendent Reggie Mayo, after a similar stop in Bridgeport.

A receptionist at the Child Study Center said no officials were available to comment over the weekend.