The Bulldogs are riding high on the momentum of a three-game winning streak entering into this weekend — and it is an edge they will need. The Elis (7-6-4, 5-5-2 ECAC) will face No. 6 Mercyhurst (15-5-2) and Niagara (6-10-4). The Mercyhurst Lakers are 9-0-1 in the series with the Elis, and although they dropped a 7-3 game to Providence (9-9-2) last weekend and slid a few slots from their erstwhile No. 4 ranking, they are certain to prove a challenge. Mercyhurst has a knack for capitalizing on power-play opportunities — they stand at 28 power play goals in 22 games — and with the Bulldogs still working to stay out of the box, a good power kill will be imperative. Saturday’s game against Niagara will be worth watching, too: the Bulldogs met and narrowly defeated the Purple Eagles just three weeks ago in a 4-4 tie, where a sixth-round shootout goal by forward Bray Ketchum ’11 decided the showdown in the Elis’ favor. But Niagara has been shut out in its last two games, both against Providence. With goaltenders Jackee Snikeris ’11 and Shivon Zilis ’08 — both of whom have racked up impressive save tallies in recent games — on the Bulldog roster, the Elis may be able to eke out a definitive win this time around.