Bail bondsmen Robert Jacobs and his sons Philip and Paul Jacobs pleaded guilty Wednesday to federal bribery charges.

The bondsmen admitted they bribed William “Billy “ White, former New Haven Police Department Narcotics Enforcement Unit head, and other officers in return for the officers’ seeking out borrowers who had cost the Jacobs financial problems. Less than one week ago, White pleaded guilty to charges of bribery and theft of government property.

The guilty pleas are the latest development in a string of corruption charges stemming from an ongoing Federal Bureau of Investigation and Connecticut State Police corruption inquiry into the NHPD and its Narcotics Enforcement Unit, which was disbanded earlier this year.

The Jacobs will have to forfeit $750,000 — which the U.S. District Court determined would be equivalent to the assets they gained through their relations with the police officers — in addition to facing up to $250,000 each in fines and up to five years in prison when they enter their sentencing hearings on February 27.

City Hall spokeswoman Jessica Mayorga said she had not heard of the guilty pleas but said the entire corruption scandal surrounding the Narcotics Enforcement Officers in no way speaks to the character and integrity of the city’s other 400 NHPD officers.

NHPD detectives Justen Kasperzyk and Jose Silva also pleaded guilty to federal civil rights charges in October as a result of the corruption investigation.

– Lea Yu