At a Friday court appearance, Casper Desfeux ’10 — who was charged last month with voyeurism and dissemination of voyeurism — applied for accelerated rehabilitation.

At the hearing, Supervisory State’s Attorney David Strollo said Desfeux’s former girlfriend – who Desfeux allegedly filmed having sex without her consent before showing the video to his friends – had been notified of the application. Strollo also requested that the next hearing be delayed until December so that “certain items received from Desfeux” could be analyzed in a laboratory.

Desfeux’s attorney William Dow III ’63 said he and Desfeux are anxiously awaiting the result of their application.

“He’s applied for the program,” Dow said, “We’re hopeful that he’ll be admitted into it.”

The items under investigation include Desfeux’s external hard drive, which investigators need to determine whether or not the video file had been stored on the drive and the number of times it had been viewed, according to the New Haven Register.

Dow declined to comment about the evidence.

If Desfeux’s application for accelerated rehabilitation – a form of probation for first-time offenders – is approved, his charges would be dropped pending successful completion of a probation period, according to the State of Connecticut Judicial Branch’s definition. The probation period could last for up to two years.

Dow said the application for accelerated rehabilitation requires that a defendant notify the complaining witness. While successful completion of probation means, in part, not committing any criminal acts, Dow said the judge can impart any additional conditions that he or she sees fair.

Desfeux was charged with the class D felonies after allegedly using his Apple MacBook to videotape himself and his former girlfriend having sex and showing the recording to his four roommates without her consent. One of Desfeux’s suitemates later told the alleged victim about the video.

New Haven Superior Court Judge Philip Scarpellino, who presided over the hearing, granted Strollo eight weeks to examine the evidence. Scarpellino scheduled Desfeux’s next court appearance for Dec. 6.

Desfeux did not respond to e-mail requests for comment Sunday.