Guys, there’s this band, and they’re from Brazil, and they talk in funny accents, and they wear really cool clothes and they’re so awesome, and I love them. I mean, check out their new EP. It’s so good. It, like, has this one song and then this other song and then these remixes and stuff.

Oh, oops, I forgot to say that in case you don’t know, the band I’m talking about is called CSS, but actually that stands for Cansei de Ser Sexy, which means I Got Tired of Being Sexy in Portuguese, and I know that because I looked it up online because I’m a true fan.

I bet you were wondering how I heard of them. Well, it’s because I’m their MySpace friend, and I mean that’s a pretty big deal because they don’t friend just anyone.

OK, so the main point of this thing is talk about “Alala,” which is obviously their new EP. I mean just FYI, I looked it up on Wikipedia and the word Alala is like something to do with the Greeks and, like, crows and stuff, but that doesn’t really matter. It sounds really foreign and edgy, so right away it’s bound to be an instant classic.

So just as a prep exercise, just go to Google images and type in “Cansei de Ser Sexy” and look at all the pics that come up. I mean, they lead the greatest life! They’re so trendy, like I want to be them, you know?

Anyway, this EP isn’t a full-length release, but, like, who cares because the songs are great. They totally sound like a combination of my five favorite bands/musicians ever: Miss Kittin, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Peaches, Le Tigre and Cibo Matto. I mean let’s face it. All that name-dropping I just did makes me really cool, and so you guys have to trust my opinion on this one. CSS rulz!

Like these beats, wow. I could totally dance to this forever. I mean I’m dancing right now.

Basically, OK, I should probably give you some idea of this whole thing. So, like, OK, if you take my two favorite genres (electronica and punk) and like have them grind on the dance floor, then out pops CSS! Wacky, huh!

CSS is so powerful, they don’t even need to write four songs to fill a four-song EP. They can write two, and then remix the hell out of them! And boy, are these remixes hot. I mean CSS in general is so foreign/Brazilian sounding! I’ve never heard anything like them!

Like OK, I know what some of you are thinking: They’re talking in English, so how could it be Brazilian? Well you’re wrong there, pal. They’re actually talking in broken English with a really foreign accent! And, if you listen closely enough, you can hear that they actually mumble a few words in Portuguese. That’s the language they speak in Brazil, for everyone who didn’t know.

It’s hard to pay attention to the lyrics, though, because the beats are so fresh. On this one song, “Odio Odio Odio Sorry C,” there’s even this really indie electronic distortion filter on the singer’s voice. It sounds like Karen O meets Julian Casablancas: match made in heaven!

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the singer of CSS is named Lovefoxxx! How great is that?? Not only does she have three x’s in her name, but it’s like the ultimate tension between Brazilian music and American commercial influence. Step aside, Os Mutantes, CSS is taking the international music industry by storm.

OK, OK. So I’ve talked a lot about the album. It’s amazing, you should buy it, etc., etc. But let me just say that if you want the full experience, you should really go to YouTube and watch their music video. It’s out of this world. It’s got blood, cool clothes, some more blood, people making each other bleed, some cats, some cute dresses, jerky animation and plenty of sexiness. Tired of being sexy? Yeah, right! Don’t make me laugh!