The Elis fell to San Diego, 17-14, in last year’s season opener. 2005 Ivy League Rookie of the Year Mike McLeod ’09 rushed for 102 yards on 18 carries, the best offensive performance of any of the Bulldogs.

Yale trounced Cornell, 37-17, in last year’s league opener. Quarterback and captain Jeff Mroz ’06 threw for 314 yards and a program-record five touchdowns. WR Ashley Wright ’07 earned 198 yards on seven catches.

The last time the Bulldogs took on the Lafayette Leopards was in 1991. The Elis walked away with a 24-14 victory over their Patriot League opponents.

Despite fumbling the ball twice and tossing up two interceptions, the Elis outlasted Dartmouth to win, 13-0. In front of the smallest crowd at the Yale Bowl all season, McLeod led the team in rushing with 83 yards.

Lehigh scored the last 22 points of the game, including a 2-point conversion to cap a comeback from a 21-6 third quarter deficit and force overtime. The Bulldogs fell, 28-21.

Penn led Yale 38-0 at the end of the third quarter. Mroz threw for three touchdowns in the fourth quarter, bringing the final score to 38-21.

The Elis scored 31 points in a dominant second quarter and kicker Alan Kimball ’09 hit two field goals in the second half as the Bulldogs blew past Columbia, 37-2.

Yale lost its share of a first-place tie in the Ivy League with a 38-21 loss to the Bears. The Bears rushed for 249 yards and RB Hartigan collected three touchdowns, while the Elis had only nine possessions the entire game.

After trailing 14-0 at halftime, the Bulldogs scored 21 unanswered points after the break to down the Tigers, 21-14, in Yale’s only fourth quarter comeback win of the season.

The Bulldogs gave up a 21-3 halftime lead, and Harvard forced triple overtime. The Crimson capitalized on Yale’s two fumbles and an interception in OT to win The Game for the fifth consecutive year, 30-24.