Emotional parents who filed into the stands at Johnson Field yesterday for the last time this year to see their daughters play did not leave disappointed.

The women’s lacrosse team (9-6, 3-3 Ivy) handed Brown (4-8, 1-3) a resounding 14-6 defeat in its final home game of the season. With five goals apiece from midfielder Lauren Taylor ’08 and attack Carli Vogler ’06 and three assists from defender Jenn Warden ’09, the Bulldogs cruised past an overmatched Bears squad with ease.

Yale ended the first half up, 10-0, and kept Brown from scoring until three minutes into the second half, when midfielder Mimi DeTolla shot one past Eli goalie Lonnie Sarnell ’06 to make it 11-1. But despite a three-goal surge in the middle three minutes of the half, the Bulldogs had already pulled comfortably ahead and played ball control until the clock ran out.

The first period belonged entirely to Yale. After Taylor scored the first goal of the game nearly five minutes in, the Bulldogs added two more in rapid succession to make it 3-0. They ended the half with two goals in the span of 38 seconds.

“Yale played a great first half,” Brown head coach Keely McDonald said. “They took advantage of all their opportunities.”

In addition to Taylor and Vogler’s tallies, Yale collected a first-half goal each from Warden and midfielder Sara Greenberg ’09. The Elis were never kept off the board for longer than 6:10.

“Everybody played the best I’ve seen them play all season,” Yale head coach Amanda O’Leary said. “The attack finished on every shot, we got up early, and the defense played very, very well as a unit. We played a really great game of lacrosse today.”

Despite virtual parity in draw controls won, Yale dominated the flow of the game, scooping up twice as many ground balls as their Providence adversaries.

“I think we came out with a lot of energy from the beginning,” captain Sarah Scalia ’06 said. “Our shots were falling, and that gave us a lot of momentum. Brown couldn’t stop us or get into the flow of the game. They dropped a lot of balls. They had some shaky stick skills, and we were able to capitalize on that. We took a lot of turnovers and were forcing them to make bad passes.”

Although the defensive juggernaut let up somewhat in the second half — Brown outscored the Bulldogs, 6-4, then — Yale remained firmly in command of the game. Greenberg recorded her second goal of the game less than a minute into the half, and the Elis collected scores from Vogler, Taylor, and Lawrie Peck ’09 to keep the Bears’ late charge at bay.

Scalia said she felt a twinge of nostalgia after playing her last game in front of a Yale crowd.

“It’s definitely a worrying thing to think about,” she said. “I’m sad. I’ve played a lot of games on that turf. It was great to play with those other three seniors. We really came together as a team, and it’s nice to have that group.”

Sarnell, Vogler, and Caroline Edsall ’06 also played their last games yesterday.

The Bulldogs will travel to Ithaca Saturday to play their final game of the spring against a Cornell squad that is currently ranked 11th in the nation.