The hopes for the first outright Ivy League championship in Yale women’s soccer history boil down to one game at Soccer-Lacrosse Stadium tonight.

With only two games left on the docket in their unprecedented season, the Elis (11-3-1, 3-1-1 Ivy) will have to rebound from their first Ivy loss and knock off first-place Dartmouth to stay alive in the Ivy ranks and vie for the title this weekend.

After their 11-game win streak was snapped with a tie at Penn Oct. 22, the Elis’ seemingly secure grasp on first place was put in jeopardy. Meanwhile, a red-hot Dartmouth squad that had lurked in second place all season reeled off three straight league wins. After Yale’s shocking loss at Columbia last Friday night, the Big Green snuck past the Bulldogs into first place, and with 12 points to Yale’s 10, are poised to clinch at least a share of the Ivy ring with a win tonight.

Jamie Ortega ’06 said the Elis have worked hard since Friday night to prepare for this most important match, including changing to a 3-5-2 lineup to match the Big Green.

“They’re a very strong team with a very strong defense, but if we bring our best we won’t have a problem,” the forward said. “If we don’t bring our best, everything we’ve worked for this year will be wasted.”

The team may be up against the wall, but it still controls its own destiny. A win tonight coupled with a victory over Brown in the season finale Saturday night will give the Bulldogs the 16 points necessary to nail down their first Ivy League championship since 1992, when they shared the title with the Bears.