Silliman College students reported two cases of intrusion by unidentified men into their entryways this weekend, two weeks after the arrest of a Yale graduate student for unlawfully entering a Morse College bathroom.

Silliman Master Judith Krauss sent an e-mail to the college Saturday evening after the first incident, the intrusion of a male into a bathroom in entryway B while a female student was showering.

Krauss said in the e-mail this incident occurred “in the wee hours of the morning” on Saturday.

Eda Berkmen ’07, a student in Silliman College, said she witnessed a similar incident when a male intruder came into her suite through entryway A early Sunday afternoon.

“It was around 12 p.m., and I was in my room when I heard steps in our suite’s corridor,” Berkmen said. “I asked who it was, but no one answered. When I peeked out, I saw a guy leaving the suite.”

Berkmen said she called Krauss shortly after the incident, and Krauss then called the police. Though Berkmen said she could not provide a description of the intruder, she said one of her neighbors saw him and identified him as a black male in his 40s.

“I just saw his back,” Berkmen said. “I can’t remember what he was wearing.”

Berkmen said she thought the intruder may have intended to steal from the suite but police found no items missing when they searched the rooms.

Krauss emphasized the importance of reporting any suspicious activity to the authorities as soon as possible in her e-mail.

“If you notice any strangers in the college or observe suspicious behavior, please call the Yale Police immediately,” Krauss said in the e-mail. “It is better to be safe than sorry.”

Krauss also reminded students to check college entryways and gates upon exiting to ensure they close properly.

“Remove tacks and other materials used to prop,” she said. “I have noticed that several of our gates are left in the open position. Please double-check upon exit and entry to be sure the gate closes and secures behind you.”

When the prior intrusion incident was reported in Morse last month, Morse College Master Frank Keil gave students similar advice to refrain from leaving college entryways propped open with door mats or tape.

“Please close all entryway and suite doors that you find propped open and report any that do not lock,” Keil said in an e-mail to the college. “In addition, do not feel the least bit shy asking strangers if you can help them and who they are here to see.”