The Yale women’s tennis team showed its durability Sunday when it refused to be unseated by DePaul University despite several injuries.

This weekend, the Bulldogs topped the DePaul Blue Demons 5-2 on Yale’s Cullman Courts. Following a 7-0 shut-out of Quinnipiac Feb. 2, the win brings the team’s record to 2-0 in 2005.

Aimee Kim ’07 said the triumph over DePaul served as a boost for the Elis and only intensified the squad’s desire to achieve the team’s goals for the rest of the season.

“DePaul is a tough team, and it was good to get a win like that under our belts this early in the season,” Kim said. “We want to win Ivies and go to the NCAAs.”

Against the Blue Demons, both captain Stephanie White ’05 and Olivia Nix ’07 returned from injuries that had prevented them from competing in the season-opener against Quinnipiac. The two returnees garnered a trio of victories for the team without dropping a single set on the day. White and Nix combined for an 8-1 win at No. 3 doubles and individually won in straight sets in singles.

Head coach Chad Skorupka said he told White and Nix before the doubles match to come out strong and set the team on the right path.

“They [started strong] by winning the doubles point,” Skorupka said. “Stephanie White and Olivia Nix both came back after injuries and really came out on fire.”

Reshmi Srinath ’05 had a perfect day by pulling out a tough No. 1 singles match against Beatrix Csordas, 7-6, 4-6, 6-3, and then pairing up with Rashmee Patil ’07 at No. 2 doubles to secure an 8-4 win. Kim landed Yale’s other win at No. 4 singles with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Brenda Leung.

Skorupka said Kim demonstrated resilience in the final point of the match.

“On her match point they must have had a rally that lasted 40 hits,” Skorupka said. “Aimee hit a drop shot to win the match. It was a great way to win the match.”

Although the victory came early on in the season, the players are confident about the team’s future, Srinath said.

“Everyone gave a really solid effort,” Srinath said. “This match was our first real test of the season, and we all believe we can do really well this year.”

Perfect in the new year, the Bulldogs are prepared for their next challenge against Seton Hall Friday in New Haven, White said.

“We are very excited for Seton Hall this Friday,” White said. “We hope to continue our winning streak.”