Best Male Athlete-Rory Hennessey ’05, football

Amid a somewhat dim season that saw the Bulldogs go 5-5 and lose to Harvard for the fourth straight year, Hennessey provided one of the brighter spots for Yale. The lineman known for his size and speed had a strong senior season that capped off an impressive collegiate career.

For the second year in a row, he earned first-team All-Ivy honors. Hennessey was also named to the 2004 New England Football Writers Division I-AA All-Star Team for the second consecutive year.

In 2003, Hennessey was voted to the Sports Network 2003 I-AA All-American team and was named Yale’s Offensive Lineman of the Week five times. In 2002, he was elected Honorable Mention All-Ivy. As a freshman, he played eight varsity games, starting the last three at tackle and garnerning co-MVP honors of the freshman class.

Runner-up: Andrew Dealy ’05, soccer

Dealy, who garnered playing time as a forward and midfielder, was second on the Bulldogs with 15 points this season (six goals, three assists) and was a unanimous All-Ivy first-team choice. A first-team All-Ivy last year and pre-season All-American, Dealy ranks sixth-all time at Yale with 56 points.

Honorable mention: Rob Carr ’05, football; Lucas Meyer ’05, men’s cross-country; Ryan Raybould ’05, men’s soccer; Stu McNay ’05, sailing