Best Female Athlete — Anje Perleback ’07, volleyball

En route to setting the Yale single-season dig record, Perlebach led the Bulldogs to their first-ever appearance in the NCAA Tournament. A defensive specialist, the scrappy and spirited libero emerged as one of the Elis’ emotional leaders over the course of the fall. In the first round of the tournament, she put together one her strongest performances of the fall, finishing with 26 digs to become the first player in Yale history with over 500 digs.

An outside hitter last year and in high school, Perlebach made the transition this year to libero, a position she has clearly embraced. And while her duties are limited as the libero, her contributions have hardly dropped off.

Runner-up: Sarah Walker ’05, soccer

The Alameda, Calif. native was the stalwart behind a solid Bulldog defense that allowed less than a goal per game (0.83). Walker, the team captain, was a First-Team All-Ivy selection, finishing third in the conference in saves (79), first in shutouts (seven) and second in goals against average (0.90). In one of her more spectacular performances of the season, she registered a shutout against then-No. 17 UConn.

Honorable Mention: Jackie Becker ’06, volleyball; Molly Carapiet ’06, sailing; Sarah Driscoll ’05, field hockey