Fliers were posted around campus Wednesday night containing the names and pictures of the students who allegedly entered the suite of Katherine Lo ’05 last spring and left a threatening note on her door.

Four different fliers named four sophomores who were put on probation for harassing and intimidating Lo. The 2002-2003 report of the Yale College Executive Committee — which investigates possible violations of the Undergraduate Regulations — said the students who harassed a student were given probation, but according to procedure did not release their names.

Lo declined to comment on whether she was involved in making the flier but said she condoned its distribution.

Yale President Richard Levin said he had not heard of the fliers, and that the University keeps the names of those punished by Ex-Comm private.

“That doesn’t necessarily restrict the participants from speaking about it,” he said.

Lo confirmed the names on the fliers were the same names given to her in a letter from Ex-Comm at the conclusion of the committee’s investigation, and said she told several concerned students the perpetrators’ names.

“As a result of the school never coming out and saying the investigation was concluded … I felt obligated to tell them the results,” Lo said.

Michael Marino ’06, one of the students named in the postings, would not comment on the fliers or the Ex-Comm investigation.

“There’s too many possible implications that we might get in trouble so we’re just going to leave it at that,” Marino said.

Andrew Butler ’06 said he was upset when he heard his name was on one of the fliers.

“I thought we settled it and talked about it,” Butler said. “But I guess it’s out in the open again.”

Butler admitted he entered Lo’s room but said he was not involved in writing the threatening note.

Lo said she thinks it is unfair for Butler to complain about his name being released.

“Because their names were never known, they haven’t really had to deal with it,” she said. “Because my name was always out there, it has forever changed me on a personal level.”

Lo told police in spring 2003 that several students, one holding a wooden plank, broke into her room after she hung an upside-down flag from her bedroom window to protest the war in Iraq. She said the students tried to enter her locked bedroom, and then left a note containing multiple threats to Muslims and references to the war.

Lo’s name became public after a Yale Daily News reporter talked to her about the incident. Because the News would not print the allegations anonymously, Lo said, she did not feel she truly had a choice about whether to release her name to the public.

Sunny Kim ’06, who in February forwarded all Yale students a letter Lo wrote to Levin, said she had not heard of the fliers and was not involved in making them. She said she was ill Wednesday night.

The fliers suggested the students were punished too lightly.

“Does Yale want to be known for expelling students who commit acts of intolerance and hate or harboring them?” they read.

After the incident, rumors circulated that the perpetrators were members of the Yale football team. Three of the students are all members of the team.

The other two students whose names appeared on the fliers were not available for comment Thursday night.