In a performance that was nothing short of remarkable, the women’s tennis team swept away the competition at the Brown Invitational in Providence, R.I. this past weekend.

The team won the doubles A, B and C brackets and came away with the top prize in the B and C singles draws.

“I definitely consider it a very successful weekend,” head coach Chad Skorupka said.

On Friday, the first day of the invitational, all three doubles teams defeated Brown and advanced to the semifinals. All four singles players won their matches as well.

Saturday played like a repeat of the first day — all three doubles teams won their matches by beating Loyola Marymount.

On the final day of the invitational, the A doubles team, composed of sisters Ashley Martin ’04 and Karlyn Martin ’04 defeated Boston College 8-6 in a pro set. In the C doubles draw, Rashmee Patil ’07 and Reshmi Srinath ’05 turned out an easy 8-3 victory over Boston.

“I think we did great and showed a lot of skill,” Aimee Kim ’07 said.

Kim and her partner Christine Alford ’07 won by default against Boston University due to an injury to a Terriers’ player.

Along with the doubles victory, the Elis made a great impact in the singles division. After defeating both Brown and Loyola during the first two days of the tournament, the singles B and C finals were comprised solely of Bulldogs.

Ashley Martin was the victor against Srinath in the B bracket and Patil pulled a win over Kim in the C bracket. In the A singles division, Alford lost a tough match against Temple in the semifinals, but won the consolation final against Seton Hall.

“As a team, we performed really well, especially with only six of the seven girls competing,” Ashley Martin said.

Juliette Vartikar ’06 wasn’t able to compete due to wrist surgery she underwent several months ago.

“As always, I expected 100 percent from my team, and that’s exactly what they gave on the courts,” Skorupka said.

The Elis were also given the sportsmanship award at the end of the tournament.

“When we won that award we were all very proud because we thought it showed the personality and spirit of the team,” Karlyn Martin said.

Yale’s next contest will be the ITA Regional Championship, which will be held in Blacksburg, Va. on Oct. 25.