His dead-on impressions of Bill Clinton and Sean Connery have made him famous in New York. Come Sept. 28, “Saturday Night Live” funnyman Darrell Hammond will bring his multiple personas to Yale.

Just a week after co-hosting the Emmy Awards, Hammond will become the second comedian in a row to yuk it up at Woolsey Hall, Yale College Council President Elliott Mogul ’05 said. The YCC will sponsor the event, which will be held at 8 p.m. in the 2,700 seat auditorium. Mogul said the council would charge $15 for tickets, the same price as tickets for fellow SNL repertory player Jimmy Fallon last year.

Jonathan Tunick of the William Morris Agency, which represents Hammond, said in an e-mail that the 60-minute show will be stand-up and will incorporate “many of his well-known impressions.”

“And, yes, he loves to perform for colleges,” Tunick added.

Tickets for the show will be available online at YaleStation.org by the end of the week, Mogul said. Tickets will also be available through YCC members.

Hammond is entering his eighth year on SNL, and will host the 55th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards with more than a dozen other comedians. In addition, Hammond will be featured in “Scary Movie 3,” which opens Oct. 3.

Mogul said the YCC chose a comedian for a second year running because comedians work well in small venues, and Woolsey is the apt spot for a fall show. Mogul said the YCC was open to anything, including variety shows, when it was investigating options this year.

“Hammond turned out to be the best,” Mogul said. “He’s one of the best comedians, I think, on SNL.”

Mogul estimated that the total cost of the contract, security and production would be around $30,000 — $10,000 less than Fallon’s show.

Hammond will provide a break in the Jeopardy! fever that begins Sept. 23 with on-campus auditions and ends with the Oct. 3 and 4 taping of the Jeopardy! College Championship at Payne Whitney Gymnasium.

Mogul would not say that the YCC has changed its fall show focus from music to comedy. But Meera Shankar ’05 said she liked the new trend of hiring comedians for the fall show.

“I think it’s a good way to start the year and de-stress,” Shankar said. “And I’ve always been a fan of Darrell Hammond’s impressions.”