Quinnipiac probably wishes ice hockey were a two-period sport.

The Bobcats (3-16-0) entered the third period Wednesday night with a 3-2 lead. But Yale (4-12-1) outscored Quinnipiac 2-0 in the final period to snag the 4-3 win at Ingalls Rink.

Quinnipiac must have thought it was seeing double. The Bearcats did not have answer for the Deanna-Deena duo.

The victory stopped a four game losing skid for the Bulldogs, dating back to a 2-1 loss to Mercyhurst on Dec. 8.

Yale (4-12-1) trailed 3-2 after two periods of play. But the Bulldogs did not relent.

Midway through the third period at 10:08, Deanna McDevitt ’04 tied the game on a power play goal. Six minutes later, at 16:19, Deena Caplette ’06 beat Quinnipiac goaltender Mel Courtemanche for the game-winner.

Quinnipiac pulled its goalie with 1:39 to play, but the extra skater was not enough.

Yale outshot the Bobcats 40-23 in the win.

McDevitt and Caplette are first and third on the team in scoring with eight and six goals, respectively. They together have paced an offense that has struggled for much of the season.

Lisa Jacque ’03 tallied her second goal in two games to put the Bulldogs up 1-0 at 8:16 in the first period. But the Bearcats responded with two scores of their own. McDevitt then tied the score in the second period minutes before Serena Hillman gave the Bearcats their second lead of the night.

The Deanna-Deena tandem took over in the third, leading the Bulldogs to their first win of 2003.

Nicolette Franck ’04 and Sarah Love ’06 split time in goal, combining for 20 saves. Love earned the win; she entered midway through the second period.

Yale next hosts Providence Jan. 19.