At around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, police arrested a man for attempting to steal from the Yale Bookstore, Yale Police Lt. Michael Patten said.

Police said William Moeller, 64, of New Haven, tried to steal two cans of Lysol from the bookstore. On a previous visit to the bookstore, Moeller was asked by security guards not to come back, Patten said.

Moeller’s latest trip to the bookstore ended after he failed to make a clean getaway and was arrested and taken downtown to the New Haven Police Department. Moeller was charged with larceny in the sixth degree and criminal trespassing in the first degree.

What’s that in the sink?

Saturday, between 4 and 6 a.m., residents of Calhoun College found a surprise in a women’s bathroom. Some Calhoun students discovered fecal matter inappropriately placed in various areas of a fourth-floor bathroom, police said.

Nobody was injured, but everybody was disgusted. No arrests were made.

That’s why this story has no picture

A camera owned by the Yale Daily News was reported missing this week, Patten said.

At around 2:30 p.m. Thursday, a Yale Daily News photographer allegedly left the camera, a Canon EOS D60 worth about $2,000, in room 208 of William L. Harkness Hall after having class there.

At around 6 p.m., Patten said, the photographer realized she did not have the camera with her. The photographer then contacted the News, after which the camera was reported missing to police.

No arrests have been made.

Drug bust on Daggett Street

Monday afternoon, at around 3:50 p.m., police busted a drug sale on the corner of Congress Avenue and Dagget Street, Patten said.

Police spotted Rontae Hunter, 19, of New Haven flagging down a car on the street corner, police said. A “hand-to-hand” drug deal then occurred, where police noticed Hunter and a person in the car exchanging drugs and money, Patten said.

A police officer then went to stop the deal, whereupon marijuana was discovered, police said.

Patten said that Hunter was arrested and charged with possession of less than four ounces of marijuana and with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.

The person in the car escaped, police said.