The softball team wrapped up its brief fall season this weekend, finishing with a 2-1 record.

A fourth game against the University of New Haven set for Oct. 12 was rained out and never rescheduled or replaced on the schedule.

The team used the final practice weekend for an intrasquad scrimmage.

In its three fall games, the Bulldogs defeated Adelphi University 14-4 Sept. 28 and Southern Connecticut State University 11-6 Oct. 13. Yale fell to New Haven 4-3 in the opening round of the fall rendition of the New Haven City Series Sept. 22 at Quinnipiac University.

But the rematch between Yale and New Haven that was inserted into the schedule never took place because of rain. Scheduling conflicts with other schools, including Quinnipiac, prevented the Elis from playing a fourth game this autumn.

The team is hopeful about its chances during the spring season in a wide-open Ivy League.

“We’re in pretty good shape,” coach Andy Van Etten said. “If our pitching comes through, we’ll challenge for the Ivy League championship.”

Van Etten said he expected several teams to be competitive for the Ivy crown, with Yale battling Harvard, Cornell, Brown and Princeton for its first title since 1993.

The Bulldogs, who tied for sixth in the league last year, are scheduled to open their season March 1 against Marist College.

–Jacob Leibenluft