After receiving student complaints, University Health Service officials are planning to evaluate a list of changes this summer.

UHS officials said they are seriously considering adding more health seminars like this year’s cold-care center and trying to improve the image of nurse practitioners. While most of the student concerns centered on mental hygiene services, officials have not committed to the requested changes.

Students on the health advisory committee and others representing the Yale College Council said their discussions with health center administrators have been highly productive.

“This is the first major step forward,” said Donya Khalili ’02, a YCC senior associate. “It’s going to be really exciting.”

Khalili pointed to what she called major changes, including the addition of comment cards in residential college common rooms, a proposed “Ask the Psychologist” column in the Yale Daily News, changes in UHS’s system of assigning students to psychologists and the possibility of psychologists placed in colleges.

UHS’s system of admitting patients is one of the top student concerns, Khalili said. She said she hoped UHS would reevaluate the way it assigns psychologists to allow students more input as well as to cut down on waiting time.

But Ravi Durvasula, UHS’s medical director, said the mental health changes have not been agreed upon.

“It’s not a planned thing yet,” Durvasula said.

Khalili and three other students will meet with health officials Wednesday to continue discussing options.

Other areas of student concern have reached conclusions.

Many students have expressed concerns about nurse practitioners at UHS, advisory committee member Janey Lewis ’02 said.

“You’ll get a nurse practitioner, and you don’t feel like they know what they’re doing,” Lewis said.

Durvasula said UHS will examine the relationship between nurse practitioners and physicians.

“The nurse practitioners have a lot to offer,” Durvasula said. “[UHS needs to] strengthen the kind of partnering between the nurse practitioners and M.D.s. We currently maintain a strong M.D. presence in the building.”

Durvasula also said that next year UHS will step up its student outreach efforts, including cold clinics.

“It’s going to be a much more proactive thing,” he said.