The consequences of Friday night’s raid of Naples Pizza and Restaurant by the state Liquor Control Commission remained unclear Monday, although an official said the raid must have been in response to complaints of underage drinking.

Commission Administrator Gerald Langlais said the agents involved in the incident would not file a report until Wednesday at the earliest.

But he added that the commission investigates restaurants for liquor-related offenses only if it has received “several complaints.”

Approximately half a dozen agents, some of whom had been observing activities covertly inside the restaurant, entered Naples at about 11:45 p.m. Friday and detained underage students for questioning, witnesses said over the weekend.

The agents told some students they would be subpoenaed to testify against the restaurant, the witnesses also said.

An alcohol-related investigation of Naples is by no means a new event. The popular student hangout had its liquor license suspended for 10 days in 1998 for selling to minors and has faced similar raids by police and liquor authorities at least twice before in the last five years.

Naples owner Tony Prifitera was unavailable for comment Monday.

Police shoot man

who stabbed parents

A New Haven police officer shot and injured a man Sunday night as he attacked his father with a knife, police said.

Police officers Brendan Hosey and Christine Perrotti arrived at 141-A Eastern Circle at approximately 10:28 p.m., after receiving a report of an assault. The officers found William McFadden Jr., 33, repeatedly stabbing his father, 56-year-old William McFadden Sr., in the head and neck, New Haven police spokeswoman Judith Mongillo said.

Hosey ordered McFadden Jr. to drop his weapon and fired his gun at him when the attacker failed to respond, striking him in the abdomen, police said.

Subsequent investigation revealed that McFadden Jr. also had stabbed his mother and sister in the head after an argument, police said. His mother, 54-year-old Lois McFadden, managed to obtain assistance from a neighbor.

Lois McFadden remained in critical condition at Yale-New Haven Hospital Monday night. William McFadden Sr. was downgraded from critical condition to fair during the day and the sister, Emma McFadden, 34, was treated and released.

McFadden Jr. was also in fair condition at Yale-New Haven and remained under police guard.

Police said they expect to charge McFadden Jr. with multiple counts of assault and are continuing their investigation.

High-tech traffic cops

Speeders and red-light runners beware: The New Haven Police Department is going high-tech to make it easier to catch and fine you.

Police Chief Melvin H. Wearing announced the acquisition of 10 brand new police cars and six hand-held laser units Friday.

The Ford Crown Victorias will be equipped with on-board radar and distributed to the city’s 10 police districts to focus specifically on traffic enforcement.

“The new cars and equipment increase our capability to be more visible to promote traffic safety and modify driving behavior on a more direct, neighborhood level,” Wearing said.

The deparment also will expand the use of motorcycles in patrolling traffic throughout the city.